Mountain Hardwear Mountain Tech Vest

This vest is cut much larger than and seems to use…

Summary

This vest is cut much larger than and seems to use heavier grade material than the same model 7 years older. It seems more like a dress vest than a sport vest.

Pros

• Well made
  • Plush fabric feel

Cons

• Missing interior zip pocket.
  • I'm 6'1 and the L fits me like an XL
  • Heavier and larger than a sport vest.

I bought this same model vest in a L size 7 years ago. It was light, cut at the hips for great articulated movement, and proved to be an excellent component in my layer system.

Now however, MHW latest's re-creation is cut larger and seems to use a heavier fabric. I probably should have returned it for a Medium.  I also miss the interior zip pocket, where I secured my car keys before I left the TH.

This product seems to have evolved into a lounge vest.

Mountain Hardwear Mountain Tech Vest

The Mountain Hardwear Mountain Tech Vest is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 3, 2015 at EMS.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review