Mountain Hardwear Nansen Jacket

Nice fleece! Very light and thin, not a lot of insulation…

Summary

Nice fleece! Very light and thin, not a lot of insulation on the inside but with its wind-stopping ability it's not needed.

Pros

• Thin
  • Light
  • Wind blocker
  • Water resistant
  • Warm

Cons

• More of a mid-layer than stand-alone jacket
  • Arms a little short
  • Zipper catches draft blocker

After months of searching for a new fleece, I stumbled upon this jacket on sale and snagged it. I don't like buying clothes without trying them on but I my current Columbia fleece was a size medium and I ordered this MH jacket in medium as well.

I lucked out - it fits great everywhere but in arm length and I can tolerate it. Without trying a large on I can't fault MH — maybe the large would have been better?

For what it lacks in insulation, it makes up for in wind-blocking. We went from 40-60 degrees last weekend to snow and 20-30's this week and I wore the jacket through both, comfortably. The fleece (suede-like) will catch snowflakes and small raindrops easily but the water resistance hasn't failed me yet.

Another small complaint is the draft-flap inside the zipper area snags on the zipper. I've had to get used to putting my pointer finger inside the zipper to push the draft-flap away as I zip to avoid snags (like with my sleeping bag). Not a big deal right now but I predict it will shorten the life-span of the zipper.

So far so good in many weather conditions!

crjdirt

6 months later and this is still my go-to light jacket. The zipper liner snags a lot though- definitely a design error.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Mountain Hardwear Men's Nansen Jacket FEATURES of the Mountain Hardwear Men's Nansen Jacket Zip hand warmer pockets Dual hem drawcords for quick fit adjustments Low profile elastic cuffs Micro-Chamois-lined chin guard eliminates zipper chafe SPECIFICATIONS of the Mountain Hardwear Men's Nansen Jacket Average Weight: 1 lb 2 oz / 510 g Center Back Length: 28in. / 71 cm Body: Air Shield Fleece (100% polyester)

Mountain Hardwear: Men's Nansen Jacket: The softness of fleece with the wind protection of a shell. A comfortable and warm multi-use jacket with the water and wind resistance of our proprietary windproof, breathable AirShield Elite technology. Zip handwarmer pockets Dual hem drawcords for quick fit adjustments Low profile elastic cuffs Micro-Chamois-lined chin guard eliminates zipper chafe

- Mountain Hardwear

CLOSEOUTS . On the days in town that are just as cold and windy as they are on the mountain, you'll be thankful for Mountain Hardwear's Nansen jacket and its AirShield Elite windproofing. A low-profile design allows this fleece layer to fit under hard shells. Available Colors: BLACK/BLACK, ELM/DUFFEL, ROYAL/COLLEGIATE NAVY, CHERRY BOMB/RED VELVET. Sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2XL.

- Sierra Trading Post

Regardless of the pursuit, a reliable fleece jacket is an essential item for every outdoor enthusiast. The Mountain Hardwear Men's Nansen Fleece Jacket uses AirShield Elite polyester fleece for windproof, water-resistant protection that keeps you dry and comfy on steep sections of trail.

The softness of fleece with the wind protection of a shell, The Mountain Hardwear Nansen Jacket, is a comfortable and warm multi-use jacket with the water and wind resistance of our proprietary windproof, breathable AirShield Elite technology.

- CampSaver.com