Mountain Hardwear P5 Jacket

Dude! I totally stole this jacket! It's not Windstopper,…

Fabric: Mountain Hardwear Arctic Fleece
Price Paid: $64 US

Dude! I totally stole this jacket! It's not Windstopper, but it is incredibly warm. I seldom wear fleece layers because I have so many softshells, but this thingy has faired well in the last couple of days around town. The P5 belongs to the Arctic Fleece line from Mountain Hardwear. From looks you wouldn't think much but as it turns out this is pretty close to Polartec 200 weight. Long pit zips, chest pocket, internal pocket, handwarmer pockets and a very nice high collar. The P5 is designed to zip into the Trifecta system jackets from Mountain Hardwear.

I lucked out. I went to REI two weeks ago and found two on clearance, only problem was that they were Smalls. Didn't buy'em. Knew I'd regret it. So last week I went back and just out of sheer luck there was one Medium that had been looked over. Mine! I saved $30.
If you find one don't pass it up. Works well in all temp ranges, but it would behoov you to lightly layer underneath.

Mountain Hardwear P5 Jacket

The P5 Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear P5 Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 8, 2009 at Massey's Outfitters.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.