Mountain Hardwear Phenom

My go-to climbing pack. I absolutely love this pack!

Summary

My go-to climbing pack.

Pros

• Ice Tool Attachments

I absolutely love this pack! I've been climbing for over 30 years and have owned packs from all the major players.  This one is my favorite. It's very lightweight for its size and comfortable; I'm 6' and the Large fits me perfectly.

It's the perfect size for a day trip alpine climb or overnight. I can get both ice and rock racks, harness, rope (has rope strap under the lid), winter clothes, and a helmet in with a little room to spare. Highly recommended!

This pack is one of the best I have ever used! It's…

Design: top
Number of Pockets: 39 liters
Height of Owner: 5 foot 8 inches
Price Paid: n/a

This pack is one of the best I have ever used! It's absolutely phenom-inal. whether I'm using it for canyoneering, climbing Longs Peak or just doing light backpacking this bag is super versatile. I have had this pack for over a year, it's light weight and the best thing with its durable material it still looks brand new even though I've trashed the hell out of it. I wish they would make more packs like this.

Reminder, at first it's a little stiff. Load it with some gear and after a little while adjust it. This pack is highly recommended for canyoneering and is an absolutely awesome alpine pack. This bag makes sure that you don't overload it because of its small size. Only one thing missing and that's gear loops. Overall it's a fantastic pack!

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Phenom, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Phenom

The Phenom has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Phenom is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 10, 2010 at GearX.com.