Mountain Hardwear Piero Pant

Toughest pants ever owned! Super abrasion resistant,…

Summary

Toughest pants ever owned! Super abrasion resistant, still look great after several years of serious abuse!!!

32 Long fits great for 5'10"/160lbs.

Pros

• Abrasion resistant
  • Waistline works well with hip belts

Cons

• A little pricey

I simply cannot wear these pants out! I think it was 4+ years ago I bought these, and the stitching is still holding tight everywhere! I like climbing gear for backpacking due to its abrasion resistance, and this pair of pants is the single reason I support Mountain Hardwear products. I would estimate these pants have been worn a hundred times, and gone on several dozen backcountry trips and day hikes. I realistically expect these pants to last another 4+ years before they start getting ratty.

These pants are a 32" Long, and fit well. I do roll them up one hem when wearing under raingear. The waistline and pockets have a very soft inner lining. These are very durable pants, nothing wearing out after years (machine wash/air dry). These pants are resistant to water, but I'm certain would soak in a downpour. They are pretty breathable pant that I would not consider quick-dry. A medium weight pair of long johns underneath is sufficient in cold weather. If its wet also, my eVent rain pants finish the system.

These pants are a version (or two) old comparing to the MH website; these have standard front and back pockets, with a deep side pocket on one leg. 95% Nylon, 5% Elastane material makes for a stretchy (but loose fit) that wicks well. The MH reflective logos are wearing, but that's it. I would put these pants on par with anything on the market at double the price-point.

P1080761.jpg

P1080756.jpg
P1080760.jpg

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Piero Pant, please share your experience.