Mountain Hardwear Piero Pant

Weight 1 lb 2 oz / 516 g
Inseam 30 in, 32 in, 34 in
Body Fabric Salado™ Stretch Canvas
Lining Fabric Micro-Chamois™

Toughest pants ever owned! Super abrasion resistant,…

Summary

Toughest pants ever owned! Super abrasion resistant, still look great after several years of serious abuse!!!

32 Long fits great for 5'10"/160lbs.

Pros

• Abrasion resistant
  • Waistline works well with hip belts

Cons

• A little pricey

I simply cannot wear these pants out! I think it was 4+ years ago I bought these, and the stitching is still holding tight everywhere! I like climbing gear for backpacking due to its abrasion resistance, and this pair of pants is the single reason I support Mountain Hardwear products. I would estimate these pants have been worn a hundred times, and gone on several dozen backcountry trips and day hikes. I realistically expect these pants to last another 4+ years before they start getting ratty.

These pants are a 32" Long, and fit well. I do roll them up one hem when wearing under raingear. The waistline and pockets have a very soft inner lining. These are very durable pants, nothing wearing out after years (machine wash/air dry). These pants are resistant to water, but I'm certain would soak in a downpour. They are pretty breathable pant that I would not consider quick-dry. A medium weight pair of long johns underneath is sufficient in cold weather. If its wet also, my eVent rain pants finish the system.

These pants are a version (or two) old comparing to the MH website; these have standard front and back pockets, with a deep side pocket on one leg. 95% Nylon, 5% Elastane material makes for a stretchy (but loose fit) that wicks well. The MH reflective logos are wearing, but that's it. I would put these pants on par with anything on the market at double the price-point.

P1080761.jpg