Mountain Hardwear Pinnacle Jacket

For the last 3 years this is my go-to jacket. It is…

For the last 3 years this is my go-to jacket. It is almost always with me when I go into the woods and the few times I don't bring it, I wish I had. It keeps me dry in pounding rain, warm in driving winds. The chest pockets are perfect for small items like sunglasses or cell phones. The front pockets sit above a hip belt and are easily accessible.

The one aspect keeping this from being a 5 out of 5 is the hood. It is large and designed to fit a helmet which is does. The downside to this is for the majority of time I use it I'm not wearing a helmet which requires it to be tightened down quite a bit. The drawstrings to do this are not as accessible as you might like, but still manageable with gloves on.

Overall, this is a great jacket and I would highly recommend it to anyone.