Mountain Hardwear Recon Jacket

I skied an entire season of backcountry in this jacket…

Price Paid: about $200 can

I skied an entire season of backcountry in this jacket and it was great. I love that it has water-tight zippers on the pockets but not on the main zipper (they're too stiff to use frequently). I also love that it doesn't have any stupid bulky velcro on the front zipper area. It is light and streamlined with a slim fit, which is nice because I always find that women's jackets are too large in the chest for me. I used the radio pocket all the time.

I've had this jacket for two years and it has been great; although, I do have a different jacket that I wear in the rain, so this one hasn't seen too much wet weather. Great for the backcountry which is what it was made for, and at so much less than the Mountain Hardwear Gore-Tex. It is a great buy.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Recon Jacket versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Recon Jacket. Read all reviews »

The Mountain Hardwear Recon Jacket is the go-anywhere, do-anything waterproof breathable shell youve been looking for, specifically cut to fit the female form.

- Backcountry Outlet

Features:Simplex Zip constructionHelmet friendly ergo hoodReinforced sides, sleeves, elbows and arm cuffsExtra-long pit zipsWelded powder skirtLaminated cuff tabsWelded arm radio pocketOne handed hood and hem adjustmentTwo hand pocketsSingle chest pocketI

- US Outdoor Store

Peace of mind in the backcountry-a rugged, waterproof shell jacket from Mountain Hardwear that will keep you dry without adding extra weight. Breathable three-layer Conduit material feels supple and moves quietly with you. Extra long pit zip vents provide venting. Roll-down hood secures at collar. Powderskirt, drawcord hem, front zip and chest pockets with waterproof zippers. Articulated elbow. Mesh upper arm pocket. Length 28", 1 lb. 6 oz. Nylon. Machine wash, hang dry. <b>Closeouts</b>. China

- Sierra Trading Post

Mountain Hardwear Women's Recon Jacket

The Women's Recon Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Women's Recon Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2008 at GearTrade.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.