Mountain Hardwear Recon Jacket

I skied an entire season of backcountry in this jacket…

Price Paid: about $200 can

I skied an entire season of backcountry in this jacket and it was great. I love that it has water-tight zippers on the pockets but not on the main zipper (they're too stiff to use frequently). I also love that it doesn't have any stupid bulky velcro on the front zipper area. It is light and streamlined with a slim fit, which is nice because I always find that women's jackets are too large in the chest for me. I used the radio pocket all the time.

I've had this jacket for two years and it has been great; although, I do have a different jacket that I wear in the rain, so this one hasn't seen too much wet weather. Great for the backcountry which is what it was made for, and at so much less than the Mountain Hardwear Gore-Tex. It is a great buy.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Recon Jacket versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Recon Jacket. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Women's Recon Jacket, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Women's Recon Jacket

The Women's Recon Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Women's Recon Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2008 at GearTrade.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.