Mountain Hardwear Runout Pant

I bought these pants thinking that they would be awesome.

Fabric: "Crag Canvas"

I bought these pants thinking that they would be awesome. I must say i was a little disappointed. They aren't as flexible as a pair of Prana pants I have. They are not as durable as I would like. On a recent bouldering trip I was topping out and I slightly drug the pants across the rock and it ripped some hole near the knee area.

One plus is that they are very comfortable. If you're looking for a tough pair of climbing pants I would look elsewhere. But if you're looking for a pair of pants that are lightweight and can take some moderate climbing and still be worn around town these are the pants for you.

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Runout Pant, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Runout Pant

The Runout Pant has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Runout Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new climbing pant, check out the best reviewed current models.