Mountain Hardwear South Col Tent

This is my dream tent. I got it off REI Outlet quite…

Ease of Setup: Simple

This is my dream tent. I got it off REI Outlet quite awhile ago. Unfortunately Mountain Hardwear no longer makes it to my knowledge. Which is a shame.

It's a great tent. It's really fast and simple to set up. You have to stake it out first though seeing that it's not free standing. It's also really sturdy. I've been in it with 40 mph winds and it took it like a champ.

Pros:
-Easy and fast to set up
-Pockets all around the wall of the tent that are elevated. Awesome feature. Keeps the clutter off the floor.
-Windows are great (if not fogged up)
-lightweight for a 3-4 season tent

Cons:
-not freestanding

This is a grand bombshelter for really tough conditions…

Design: Low-profile mountaineering tent
Ease of Setup: Easy; requires stakes
Weight: 4.5 lbs

This is a grand bombshelter for really tough conditions -- great in high winds and snow. The rainfly provides full-coverage and great ventilation. I've also used this tent in summer and the window panels unzip to provide a mesh window from the front to the back of the tent. Its only minus is that it is a little small for two; great for two smaller people, but kinda tight for two big people. You can't really sit up all the way and you don't want to have spend a day in it. But the trade-off is, you get a seriously tough shelter under 5 lbs.

This is a great tent! It is truly usable for extreme…

Design: Convertible
Sleeps: Two
Ease of Setup: Non free standing, but easy
Weight: 5lb15oz

This is a great tent! It is truly usable for extreme weather and summer both. It has a vent cover that zips out of the top that runs from front to back. It vents great. It comes with internal stabilizer straps that when used with the outside guy lines are extremely stable. The tent is a tunnel with three poles instead of two. The tent takes at least 5 pegs to set up.

Now for the down side, If you see it that way. This is not a large tent. It is 30 sq ft and the vestibule is only 5 sq ft, but it is enough for me. I wanted a tent that would do it all in any season, and I have found it.