Mountain Hardwear Superlight 72 Chair Pad

I recently went on a camping/backpacking trip and…

I recently went on a camping/backpacking trip and had to rent this pad due to limited packing space for flying. I would have to say if this pad didn't have the chair feature I would have rated it 1 star. The pad is heavy, bulky when rolled, and not comfortable at all when used as a sleeping pad.

On the other hand, when used as the chair it is very comfortable and convenient. This still did not do me any good when sleeping though. I would have much rather had a self-inflating pad with the use of the chair conversion things. All in all I would not purchase this pad for myself.

A must for the gram counters that still appreciate…

A must for the gram counters that still appreciate a few luxuries. I just used it for three days and loved having a chair after a long day. For such a lightweight product it has several nice features like a pocket to stuff clothing for a pillow, a pocket for the poles when rolled, water resistant nylon on the bottom and brathable nylon on the top, and a combo closed/open cell pad for the best of both worlds.

It's a bit large when rolled, but if it's externally mounted...who cares? It's also not quite as comfortable as some plush competitors, but it weighs half as much.

Great idea, saves me from having to pack my Crazy…

Great idea, saves me from having to pack my Crazy Creek chair on hikes. The leg area can also be folded under the chair to make double padding for the rear end. Only problem is that it's a bit big when rolled up, however you can take the pad out of the lining if you want to save space. Quite confortable too I might add.

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Superlight 72 Chair Pad, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Superlight 72 Chair Pad

The Superlight 72 Chair Pad has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Superlight 72 Chair Pad is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 5, 2006 at REI.

If you're looking for a new closed-cell foam sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.