Mountain Hardwear Swift Jacket - Men's

I was looking for a decent Gore-tex jacket that wouldn't…

Fabric: Gore-tex Paclite

I was looking for a decent Gore-tex jacket that wouldn't break the bank too much. I stumbled across mine at US Outdoor Store.

Breathes/vents well, fits me good, I'm 5'8"-9". I use mine mostly for biking to work in Portland, OR. I kind of get soggy sometimes, even with all the vents open. That's when I'm commuting with my bike and messenger bag snugged tight. When I'm in the woods, on the other hand, it works like a dream, including when worn under my backpack.

The Swift Jacket is relative light in its class. The…

Fabric: Paclite
Fill: no
Price Paid: E 275

The Swift Jacket is relative light in its class. The fit is typical MH. Sleeves are long enough for climbing. For really nasty weather I don’t think the hood is great. The hood can just handle a helmet, Ecrin is more difficult then Meteor. Venting possibilities are good.