Mountain Hardwear Talisman Glove

I bought this glove as a leashless Ice Climbing glove.

Price Paid: Pro deal

I bought this glove as a leashless Ice Climbing glove. I wanted a single glove which was warm, but didn't sacrifice dexterity - I originally planned on purchasing the Torsion, but thought that a glove "Designed for Leashless Competitions" would be more down my alley.

So far I have not been impressed by the Talisman. First of all, the fit is INCREDIBLY tight. My palm has a circumference of about 7.5 inches - according to MH sizing chart I should have a size SMALL glove. I purchased the MEDIUM (which says it's for 8-8.5") and could barely get my hand in! It was so tight that when I pulled on the retaining loop to force my hand inside it snapped - on BOTH gloves.

Furthermore unlike all other MH size M gloves my fingers can't reach the tips of the glove! this is vital for dexterity. The pads on the knuckles are too far forward for my hand! If anything my size S-M hand should have the pads too far back!

Unlike MH's other softshell gloves, this is barely water resistant. I always test my gloves by briefly running it under the faucet. The Torsion has never failed this test, the Talisman let the water rush right in. I know it's not necessarily designed for it, but I have come to expect a lot of MH gear - and this glove really let me down.

Right out of the box, some of the stitching on the yellow plastic band which stretched across the back of the glove had come undone. The plastic piece was pulling away before I ever tried to get my hand into the glove.

I normally wait until I have thoroughly tested a glove to review it, however I don't want to waste any more time with this piece of sh!t. If it isn't waterproof, has limited dexterity, and is coming apart straight out of the box...how can I expect it to hold up on the ice?

Bottom Line: This glove was a waste of money. I'm horribly dissatisfied with it (at least I didn't pay a lot) and am looking to get rid of it fast. Go with the tried and true Torsion glove instead - it's 15 bucks cheaper and a much better glove.

Grab your rope and ice axe with the ferocity needed to conquer the obstacle at hand with the help of the carbon fiber grip palm on the Talisman Glove from Mountain Hardwear. Give yourself added leverage on the ice wall with 4-way-stretch nylon softshell fabric combined with glue-like grip synthetic palm material with a carbon fiber print.

- Mountain Gear

On Sale. Free Shipping. Mountain Hardwear Talisman Glove (Spring 2010) The Talisman Glove by Mountain Hardwear. A pull-on ice climbing glove for mixed routes and leashless competitions. The stretch Soft Shell fabric offers a snug flexible fit. Sticky carbon fiber printed palms for grip, and stretch corded nylon on the thumb and forchettes for added durability. FEATURES of the Talisman Glove by Mountain Hardwear Lined with a brushed tricot to wick moisture and sweat on the inside of the glove Stretch softshell on the back of hand and a sticky carbon fiber printed palm, with stretch corded nylon on the thumb and forchettes provides an extremely close, articulated fit A pull-on technical ice climbing glove for mixed routes and leashless competitions Closed cell foam padding on the wrist and molded protection welded onto the knuckles protects the hands against the elements of ice climbing SPECIFICATIONS: Avg. Weight: 5 oz.; 134 g. (pair) Fabric: body: 4-Way Stretch Nylon Softshell (92% nylon, 8% spandex) Fabric: palm material: Carbon Fiber Grip Palm (100% Polyurethane) Fabric: lining: Brushed Tricot (100% polyester) Usage: Alpine Climbing / Mountaineering

For difficult mixed climbs and ice competitions, the Moutain Hardwear Talisman Glove gives leashless climbers a glue-like grip on their tools with added hand protection from rock and ice. The four-way stretch softshell outer gives you the dexterity you need, while the brushed tricot lining adds warmth and wicks moisture. The super-sticky palm reduces dropped tools, and Mountain Hardwear added molded rubber knuckles and padded reinforcements over the back of the hand and palm to keep you from bashing your hands.

A pull-on ice climbing glove for mixed routes and leashless competitions. The stretch softshell fabric offers a snug flexible fit. Sticky carbon fiber printed palms for grip, and stretch corded nylon on the thumb and forchettes for added durability.

- Altrec Outdoors

Mountain Hardwear Talisman Glove

The Talisman Glove has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Talisman Glove is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new soft shell glove/mitten, check out the best reviewed current models.