Mountain Hardwear Tech Trilogy Jacket

This is hands down the most versatile, envied good…

Fabric: gore windstop
Price Paid: $215 (3 years ago)

This is hands down the most versatile, envied good looking piece of outerware i have ever owned. The fleece laminated Gore-tex with a long sleeve thermal polypro gets me by in Faribanks at 10 degrees while cross-country skiing and you never, ever feel the wind, especially when you zip the collar up. Also, it is bomber for skydiving in chilly weather and performs 100% windproof at 120 mph.

Just don't let your wife try it.

ps: After three years and three washes it still looks beautiful. I just bought its vest version on ebay for $91 and bought a second used one for my brother for $100 also on ebay. I would spend $300 knowing what I know now.

Great fit, great craftsmanship. Pretty water resistant.

Fabric: Gore Windstopper, Fleece, Powershield,
Price Paid: 180

Great fit, great craftsmanship. Pretty water resistant. Blocks the wind. Looks very cool. I did not find it to be very warm, especially where the softshell portions are in the shoulders. At 45 deg. with yes, only a tee underneath, I felt a chill on the shoulers and arms. Also, it's pretty stiff, maybe with more wear it would be softer. I returned it. It's a nice light jacket, but for the cash, I would want more warmth.

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Tech Trilogy Jacket, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Tech Trilogy Jacket

The Tech Trilogy Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Tech Trilogy Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 20, 2007 at Backcountry Outlet.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.