Mountain Hardwear Terra Shell Jacket

I literally never leave home without it. This jacket…

Fabric: Conduit
Fill: n/a

I literally never leave home without it. This jacket is incredible. It packs down to nothing, I use it along with my REI ultralight pants and that is my outerwear for nearly any excursion. It weighs almost nothing. I wish the mp3 pocket was bigger, can barely fit iPhone into it, but my iPod nano fits easily, the exterior pockets are raised for access when you have a harness on, the welded hood is fantastic and I find I use the pit zips all the time.

Water rolls off like elephant ears and even though it has no proper insulation, I am comfortable, even when I just have a simple shirt on underneath and it is -5C out.

I'm about to take it skiing in the San Juan's, we'll see how it does, but I'm very happy with it. Best shell I've ever owned. Not to mention quite fashionable.

Mountain Hardwear Terra Shell Jacket

The Terra Shell Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Terra Shell Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.