Mountain Hardwear Transition Featherweight Zip T

I've owned this shirt for over 3 years now and I don't…

I've owned this shirt for over 3 years now and I don't leave home without it. I will say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I run outside in CO during the winter and this will be my only layer for my upper body. Wicks moisture away fast and is wind proof! I only bring this shirt and a coat when I climb or any outdoor activities. Saves room in my pack for other stuff.

I decided to buy the Transition Zip T based on the…

Price Paid: $100 (on sale)

I decided to buy the Transition Zip T based on the positive reviews I'd read online and in outdoor magazines. I haven't read any negative comments other than how easily it snags. The fabric really does block wind and wick easily. But it claims it's revolutionary because it serves as a base layer, insulating layer, and shell all in one, and I just can't use it without a base layer--I find it incredibly itchy!! The fabric itself, N2S, *does* feel good next-to-skin. But the seams, which run all over the sleeves and shoulders, really irritate my skin, which is not usually a problem for me.

So, yeah, good shirt for a variety of activities, but if you have sensitive skin you may want/need to wear a silkweight base layer underneath it.

Mountain Hardwear Transition Featherweight Zip T

The Transition Featherweight Zip T has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Transition Featherweight Zip T is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new long sleeve performance top, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review