Mountain Hardwear Transition Featherweight Zip T - Women's

I decided to buy the Transition Zip T based on the…

Price Paid: $100 (on sale)

I decided to buy the Transition Zip T based on the positive reviews I'd read online and in outdoor magazines. I haven't read any negative comments other than how easily it snags. The fabric really does block wind and wick easily. But it claims it's revolutionary because it serves as a base layer, insulating layer, and shell all in one, and I just can't use it without a base layer--I find it incredibly itchy!! The fabric itself, N2S, *does* feel good next-to-skin. But the seams, which run all over the sleeves and shoulders, really irritate my skin, which is not usually a problem for me.

So, yeah, good shirt for a variety of activities, but if you have sensitive skin you may want/need to wear a silkweight base layer underneath it.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Transition Featherweight Zip T versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Transition Featherweight Zip T. Read all reviews »

Mountain Hardwear Women's Transition Featherweight Zip T

The Women's Transition Featherweight Zip T has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Women's Transition Featherweight Zip T is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 25, 2009 at Backcountry Outlet.

Review Your Gear to Win $400 of Deuter Trekking Gear