Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T

Stretchy, snug fit, that blocks wind. I really like…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Stretchy, snug fit, that blocks wind.

Pros

• Stretchy
  • Good wind block
  • Breathable

Cons

• Too short
  • Scratchy when next to skin and too snug for more than a thin layer

I really like this jacket. It's my go-to for skinning up trails when I'm working up a sweat, but the wind is too much to go in just a long sleeve shirt. I often throw on another jacket when it is time to go down.

The durability and stretchability is great and with that it is becoming a go-to for windier climbing days since my other wind jacket leaves me sopping wet when I start to sweat (that'll be another review). I wish it was a little looser fitting so I could fit a long sleeve and a thin fleece underneath more comfortable. Sometimes I like a little more insulation under my wind layer that just a long sleeve. I have pretty sensitive skin and don't like the feeling of this jacket with out at least a t-shirt on underneath.

I also wish the jacket was a little longer. I have an average to shorter torso and feel like when I wear my ski pants around my hips that my jacket is always riding up my back and inviting the snow in. A little longer would be nice. 5'4" 115lbs. Average to short torso. Sleeves are a good length. Have it in a small

I have worn this shirt for over 3 years of outdoor…

I have worn this shirt for over 3 years of outdoor activities. I have used it for running in 30 degree temps to hiking to the top of a 14,000 foot peak. I love being able to pack one base layer shirt for my hiking trips.

Constructed using GORE-TEX WINDSTOPPER N2S Featherweight fabric, the Transition Zip T by Mountain Hardwear boasts a windproof, moisture-wicking design for superior comfort. With a close-fitting athletic cut, it's excellent for next-to-skin protection from unfriendly fall and spring weather.

- Mountain Gear refers to the men's version

The perfect cool weather, active gear: windproof, breathable and lightweight with inset stretch panels and a DWR finish. Wear alone or under a lightweight jacket for aerobic activities.

- Altrec Outlet refers to the men's version

The Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T is excellent for cool and cold weather aerobic activities. The Transition has a windproof Gore WindStopper technology to keep stop cold penetrating wind. Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T Features: Fully taped construction with brushed taping Windproof and breathable Close-fitting, athletic cut Brushed Tricot lined collar and chin guard Deep venting front zipper Stretch side and sleeve cuff panels Low profile front security pocket 360-degree reflectivity Materials: WINDSTOPPER softshell WINDSTOPPER Stretch

- OMCgear refers to the men's version

On Sale. Free Shipping. Mountain Hardwear Men's Transition Zip T Shirt (Spring 2009) The Mountain Hardwear Men's Transition Zip T Shirt is perfect cool weather--windproof, breathable and lightweight with inset stretch panels and a DWR finish. Wear alone or over a lightweight baselayer for aerobic activities. Sheds light rain and snow.

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

Excellent for climbing, skiing, backpacking, traveling and snowboarding in windswept and exposed landscapes

- Rocky Mountain Trail refers to the men's version

Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T

The Transition Zip T has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 30, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new wind shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.