Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T

Please, please, please Mtn Hardwear reintroduce this…

Summary

Please, please, please Mtn Hardwear reintroduce this windshirt into your product line. This is the best piece of clothing gear I have EVER owned. If they were still manufactured, I would probably buy three of them.

Pros

• Simple
  • Warm
  • DURABLE

Cons

• NONE

Please Mtn Hardwear, fire up the machine and crank these out again. Props to the Peeps that manufactured and designed this. It was MADE IN THE USA!!!!!!!!!!

Stretchy, snug fit, that blocks wind. I really like…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Stretchy, snug fit, that blocks wind.

Pros

• Stretchy
  • Good wind block
  • Breathable

Cons

• Too short
  • Scratchy when next to skin and too snug for more than a thin layer

I really like this jacket. It's my go-to for skinning up trails when I'm working up a sweat, but the wind is too much to go in just a long sleeve shirt. I often throw on another jacket when it is time to go down.

The durability and stretchability is great and with that it is becoming a go-to for windier climbing days since my other wind jacket leaves me sopping wet when I start to sweat (that'll be another review). I wish it was a little looser fitting so I could fit a long sleeve and a thin fleece underneath more comfortable. Sometimes I like a little more insulation under my wind layer that just a long sleeve. I have pretty sensitive skin and don't like the feeling of this jacket with out at least a t-shirt on underneath.

I also wish the jacket was a little longer. I have an average to shorter torso and feel like when I wear my ski pants around my hips that my jacket is always riding up my back and inviting the snow in. A little longer would be nice. 5'4" 115lbs. Average to short torso. Sleeves are a good length. Have it in a small

I have worn this shirt for over 3 years of outdoor…

I have worn this shirt for over 3 years of outdoor activities. I have used it for running in 30 degree temps to hiking to the top of a 14,000 foot peak. I love being able to pack one base layer shirt for my hiking trips.

Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T

The Transition Zip T has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 30, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new wind shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.