Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T - Men's

I would echo all of these reviews. This is the best…

Summary

I would echo all of these reviews. This is the best piece of three- season gear I own!

Pros

• Windproof
  • Warm without the weight
  • Packable and light
  • Very breathable and layers wonderfully

Cons

• Not currently available

I would echo all of these reviews. This is the best piece of three-season gear I own. Its weight and performance are unmatched by anything else.

The only thing it lacks is that it's not waterproof, but pair with a light rain jacket and a short sleeve technical t-shirt and you can be prepared on the trail for almost anything from 40-80 degrees rain or shine. Paired with a long sleeve baselayer and a vest and you will be good into the 30s as long as you are active. It's not really dumping snow but even light dry snow is no problem.

I desperately wish Mountain Hardwear would reintroduce this just as it was originally with maybe just the addition of a left hand pocket or large rear stash pocket to hold that light rain jacket I mentioned. My garment is now about 10 years old and doing pretty well except for a few pulls and scratched and pinhead sized burn holes form camp fires.

I just wish I could own one or two more of these with one in a higher visibility orange or yellow for night and hunting season adventures.

Welcome to Trailspace, Steve! Thanks for sharing a review of your Transition Zip T with us. Sounds like it's been a good deal for you.

Thanks for the review, Steve!

Please, please, please Mtn Hardwear reintroduce this…

Summary

Please, please, please Mtn Hardwear reintroduce this windshirt into your product line. This is the best piece of clothing gear I have EVER owned. If they were still manufactured, I would probably buy three of them.

Pros

• Simple
  • Warm
  • DURABLE

Cons

• NONE

Please Mtn Hardwear, fire up the machine and crank these out again. Props to the Peeps that manufactured and designed this. It was MADE IN THE USA!!!!!!!!!!

I have worn this shirt for over 3 years of outdoor…

I have worn this shirt for over 3 years of outdoor activities. I have used it for running in 30 degree temps to hiking to the top of a 14,000 foot peak. I love being able to pack one base layer shirt for my hiking trips.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Transition Zip T versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Transition Zip T. Read all reviews »