Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T

Stretchy, snug fit, that blocks wind. I really like…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Stretchy, snug fit, that blocks wind.

Pros

• Stretchy
  • Good wind block
  • Breathable

Cons

• Too short
  • Scratchy when next to skin and too snug for more than a thin layer

I really like this jacket. It's my go-to for skinning up trails when I'm working up a sweat, but the wind is too much to go in just a long sleeve shirt. I often throw on another jacket when it is time to go down.

The durability and stretchability is great and with that it is becoming a go-to for windier climbing days since my other wind jacket leaves me sopping wet when I start to sweat (that'll be another review). I wish it was a little looser fitting so I could fit a long sleeve and a thin fleece underneath more comfortable. Sometimes I like a little more insulation under my wind layer that just a long sleeve. I have pretty sensitive skin and don't like the feeling of this jacket with out at least a t-shirt on underneath.

I also wish the jacket was a little longer. I have an average to shorter torso and feel like when I wear my ski pants around my hips that my jacket is always riding up my back and inviting the snow in. A little longer would be nice. 5'4" 115lbs. Average to short torso. Sleeves are a good length. Have it in a small

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Transition Zip T versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Transition Zip T. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Women's Transition Zip T, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Women's Transition Zip T

The Women's Transition Zip T has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Women's Transition Zip T is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 30, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new wind shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.