Mountain Hardwear Transition Zip T - Women's

Stretchy, snug fit, that blocks wind. I really like…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Stretchy, snug fit, that blocks wind.

• Stretchy
  • Good wind block
  • Breathable

• Too short
  • Scratchy when next to skin and too snug for more than a thin layer

I really like this jacket. It's my go-to for skinning up trails when I'm working up a sweat, but the wind is too much to go in just a long sleeve shirt. I often throw on another jacket when it is time to go down.

The durability and stretchability is great and with that it is becoming a go-to for windier climbing days since my other wind jacket leaves me sopping wet when I start to sweat (that'll be another review). I wish it was a little looser fitting so I could fit a long sleeve and a thin fleece underneath more comfortable. Sometimes I like a little more insulation under my wind layer that just a long sleeve. I have pretty sensitive skin and don't like the feeling of this jacket with out at least a t-shirt on underneath.

I also wish the jacket was a little longer. I have an average to shorter torso and feel like when I wear my ski pants around my hips that my jacket is always riding up my back and inviting the snow in. A little longer would be nice. 5'4" 115lbs. Average to short torso. Sleeves are a good length. Have it in a small

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Transition Zip T versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Transition Zip T. Read all reviews »

Mountain Hardwear Women's Transition Zip T

The Women's Transition Zip T has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Women's Transition Zip T is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 30, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new wind shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

High Sierra Wheeled Double Adjustable Ski Bag Review

Jetboil Flash Cooking System Review

STABIL Stride Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?