Mountain Hardwear UltraLamina 32°

Shoulder girth 56 in / 142 cm 56 in / 142 cm
Hip girth 58 in / 147 cm 58 in / 147 cm
Foot girth 36 in / 91 cm 38 in / 97 cm
Price $190.00 USD $200.00 USD

Warm, light, compact, goes below 32. Bad first, I…

Price Paid: $99!

Summary

Warm, light, compact, goes below 32.

Pros

• Warmth
  • Weight
  • Size

Cons

• Zipper

Bad first, I hate the zipper on this darn thing. If I was mummied and had to escape a bear, I'd die. I don't know if that's true or not, but I do not enjoy zipping this thing all the way up. I like the two side half-zips, and the pulls on the inside and out... but it gets caught on the bag (especially when you're in it) and just isn't easy. Though I have yet to hear anyone rave about their bags' zippers, either.

That being said, I think this is an excellent bag. For the price (and you can find these bad boys nice and cheap) combined with the weight and the compression, I think this is a fantastic bag.

I disagree with the user who was cold during summer — I have taken this to about 35 degrees and been warm. I do have a sleeping pad, which helps, but I slept in it with and without any baselayers on, and have woken up nice and toasty, perhaps a little too toasty in summer. Actually, on our last hike, it was 35 and damp at night, I didn't even full-mummy it, and was very warm with my silk baselayers on.

I'm 5'2" and have the 64" women's bag. It's the perfect size. I have a big chest, and it's roomy. It's so soft, I like that it is synthetic because I am clumsy and have a tendency to spill things, and it packs down very small with the compression sack. My partner's down bag packs down a little bit smaller and lighter, but it loses feathers, and isn't as soft as mine.

The UltraLamina puffs up very quickly, packs down quickly, and has been comfortable from about 70°F to 35°F, though I'm a little scared to go lower than that.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All UltraLamina 32° versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 5 reviews for other versions of the UltraLamina 32°. Read all reviews »