Mountain Hardwear Vertigo Jacket

I just bought this jacket last weekend after a fairly…

Fabric: Gore-Tex
Price Paid: $350 (I paid $175!)

I just bought this jacket last weekend after a fairly long and quite frustrating search for a breathable, lightweight, waterproof jacket.

I wanted something to wear when it rains and not worry about where I'd need to wring out my jacket!

Although it has yet to rain (just my luck), it is getting colder here, and the jacket is a wonderful windbreaker. Little touches make this parka a new best friend to anyone who wants an all-around foul weather jacket.

It sells everywhere around here (central Alabama) for $350, but I caught it on sale for 1/2 off... I'm so glad we walked in that store last Saturday!

Enjoy...

I've owned my shell for over a year and it has been…

Fabric: Nylon ripstop 2-ply Gore-Tex, reinforced with Nylon supplex taslan 2-ply Gore-Tex
Price Paid: $350 (US)/ $495 (CAN)

I've owned my shell for over a year and it has been the best investment of my life. The shell kept my dry and cut out the biting wind when skiing and winter. Having had and worn the North Face Mountain Jacket, it is clear that the fleece lined chin guard, Ergo hood, and the many pockets make the jacket perfect. It is light and easily rolls up into a small pocket for easy storage. I recommmend this jacket to anybody considering a lightweight shell that is not willing to sacrifice the protection from the wind, rain and snow!!

Very well designed jacket. The jacket is lightweight,…

Fabric: 2-ply Gore-Tex

Very well designed jacket. The jacket is lightweight, with rip-stop nylon (which the TNF Mountain Light does not have) and extremely bomb-proof. Nice touches like fleece-lined handwarmer pockets and chin flaps makes this jacket a good choice for the backcountry and more extreme sports.

Great shell jacket. Nice hood fits well over a helmet.

Fabric: 2-ply gore-tex

Great shell jacket. Nice hood fits well over a helmet.

The well-used pit-zips work great. Not-so-bulky fit works great when ice climbing. All the features you want in a lightweight shell, without all the bells and whistles. I would recommend it to anyone.

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Vertigo Jacket, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Vertigo Jacket

The Vertigo Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Vertigo Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.