Mountain Hardwear Viperine 3

I've been using this tent for about two years now…

Price Paid: ~$200

I've been using this tent for about two years now in conditions ranging from deserts in Texas and New Mexico to the mountains in Montana and British Columbia. I'm guessing I have about 50 nights in it. Most of them solo, but some with one other person.

A great summer tent. Reasonably lightweight, lots of headroom and plenty of ventilation. A nice large vestibule and easy access/egress. I haven't tried it with three people, mainly since I'm a broad shouldered guy who likes his space, but it looks like it has similar amounts of room to most modern 3-person tents.

The tent is very well ventilated, which is nice on hot summer evenings, but during the shoulder seasons or on cold mountain nights I would definitely prefer something with a little less mesh. I've used it on nights that got down to freezing and could really feel a cool breeze through the tent when the wind picked up.

I'm going to be buying another tent more suitable for cold weather trips, but I imagine this will stay as my go-to tent for summer canoe trips, car camping, and overnight trips.