Mountain Hardwear Vision Jacket

The jacket is cut to fit an extra base layer, and…

The jacket is cut to fit an extra base layer, and is not too baggy across the chest. The shell is extremely soft and sheds water as well as its more expensive Gore-Tex counterparts.

I am very pleased with the construction of the hood and chin area, which are well constructed and designed to fit goggles. The internal pockets allow for practical storage; having a holder for a water bottle (or ski goggles) is always a plus.

Back to the jacket's performance: I spent a week in Utah boarding, and this jacket went above and beyond my expectations. It shed water and snow like a champ, and the snow skirt kept the snow out. It rained for a couple hours one day, and I stayed completely dry.

The adjustable cuffs are not the best, but not the worst I have seen. I would be nice to see internal cuffs to completely shut off the snow or wind. (Very minimal entry, not to discourage you from purchasing.) The CoolMax liner wicked the moisture like a pro, and the felt in the back and sleeves kept me warm.

This jacket is not available for sale online anymore, but if you find one secondhand, I would grab it in a heartbeat. It is well made, warm, and waterproof. Highly recommended.

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Men's Vision Jacket, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Men's Vision Jacket

The Men's Vision Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Men's Vision Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.