Mountain Hardwear Wraith SL -20°

Shoulder girth 63 in / 160 cm 65 in / 165 cm
Hip girth 59 in / 150 cm 61 in / 155 cm
Foot girth 39 in / 99 cm 41 in / 104 cm
Price $610.00 USD $630.00 USD

I needed a bag for an Alaskan expedition. I found…

I needed a bag for an Alaskan expedition. I found the MH Wraith on sale and ordered it.

It is very well made especially the conduit fabric for waterproofing. Luckily I went on a pre-Alaska trip to the San Juan Mountains in southwest Colorado in winter before heading off to Alaska. This sleeping bag would be very minimalist in the cold weather of Alaska. I got very cold in it the first night at 12,000 ft. in 7 degree F weather. After learning how to use the draft tube and hood I was fine.

I think this bag  will be fine down to -5 degree F. I still have not been to Alaska but when I do I will rent a -40 degree F bag!

For me it came down to the MH or the North Face, in…

Design: Mummy
Fill: 800 Down
Temperature Rating: -20
Weight: 4.4lbs

For me it came down to the MH or the North Face, in the end I chose the Mountain Hardwear because of the roomier cut. I am a bigger guy and I am not a fan of sleeping and feeling like I am wrapped up and can't move. I am very satisfied with the product. I have had it out in single degree temps with below 0 wind chill and slept in shorts only and had not problem. I would highly recommend this product.

Visit Mountain Hardwear's Wraith SL -20° page.

Mountain Hardwear Wraith Sleeping Bag is a serious piece of gear designed for the most frigid conditions on Earth. Waterproof, breathable and air-permeable, this is a top of the line bag. Q.Shield Down has advanced treatment applied that resists heat-robbing moisture and retains maximum loft in damp conditions Dry.Q Elite shell is waterproof, breathable, windproof, durable and lightweight Hidden baffle construction preserves waterproofing and durability Laminated, double external zipper flaps keep water out 5 in (12.7 cm) baffle spacing keeps down carefully controlled for even, predictable loft Six-chamber hood design maintains even loft around head for consistent warmth

- OMCgear

So, you've decided to tackle a multi-day backcountry expedition in the dead of winter. Nobody in their right mind would do such a thing. We're proud of you. You'll need a little extra insulation to keep you from freezing to death, though. The Mountain Hardwear Wraith Goose Down Sleeping Bag is designed for just such an outrageous undertaking. This waterproof breathable down bag is rated to -20 degrees and features Mountain Hardwear's Q. Shield Technology, which allows the down to maintain its insulating properties even if it gets wet.

Free Shipping. Mountain Hardwear Wraith Sleeping Bag FEATURES of the Mountain Hardwear Wraith Sleeping Bag Q.Shield DOWN 800-fill has an advanced treatment applied that resists heat robbing moisture and retains maximum loft in damp conditions Dry.Q Elite shell is waterproof, breathable, windproof, durable and lightweight Hidden baffle construction preserves waterproofness and durability Laminated, double external zipper flaps keep water out 5in. baffle spacing keeps down carefully controlled for even, predictable loft Six-chamber hood design maintains even loft around head for consistent warmth SPECIFICATIONS of the Mountain Hardwear Wraith Sleeping Bag Temp Rating: -20deg F / -29deg C Loft: 9in. / 23 cm Stuff Dimension: 10 x 15in. / 25 x 38 cm Shell: Dry.Q Elite 20d Micro Ripstop (100% Nylon) Insulation: Q.Shield Down 800-fill Lining: 30d Taffeta (100% Nylon) SPECIFICATIONS for Regular Fill Weight: 2 lbs 4 oz / 1.02 kg Total Weight: 4 lbs 6 oz / 1.99 kg Inside Length: 78in. / 198 cm Shoulder Girth: 60in. / 152 cm Hip Girth: 56in. / 142 cm Foot Girth: 38in. / 97 cm SPECIFICATIONS for Long Fill Weight: 2 lbs 6 oz / 1.08 kg Total Weight: 4 lbs 11 oz / 2.13 kg Inside Length: 84in. / 213 cm Shoulder Girth: 62in. / 157 cm Hip Girth: 58in. / 147 cm Foot Girth: 40in. / 102 cm

Our extreme cold expedition 800-fill Q.ShieldTM DOWN -20 F/-29 C bag. Designed for extreme cold, this bag is a product of all our heat-saving technologies and is breathable and air-permeable. A combination of Dry.QTM Elite fabric and Q.Shield DOWN allows the bag to maintain heat even when exposed to moisture. Waterproof construction with welded seams and hidden baffle construction enhances loft and keeps you dry.

- Mountain Hardwear