Mountainsmith Altura

Bought this tent off of steep and cheap for, well,…

Design: three season
Ease of Setup: easy - less than 5 minutes
Weight: 2 feathers

Bought this tent off of steep and cheap for, well, cheap! My intent was to use it as an inexpensive bivy tent for hunting, for which it has performed awesomely. I would definitely use it a ton more for camping, but I have two dogs and there is defo not room for them and me!

Superlight, but trade out the included stakes for ultralights. Takes up about as much space in my pack as a nalgene or my sleeping pad. Excellent.

The Mountainsmith Altura 1-Person 3-Season Tent makes an ideal lightweight shelter if you backpack solo or if you don't feel like getting romantic with your buddies in their 2-person tent. With 23 square feet (94 x 35in) of internal space and large divider pockets, there's plenty of space for you and your gear. Mountainsmith constructed the Altura's body out of breathable mesh polyester for a view of the stars if you sleep without the waterproof fly. If the weather looks iffy, throw on the PU coated rainfly and snooze away. We specially ordered this version of the Altura with a grommet on the rainfly so you can prop it open with a trekking pole for additional ventilation without compromising weather protection.

- Backcountry Outlet

CLOSEOUTS . Backpack with Mountainsmith's Altura tent for the assurance you'll have a safe place to sleep at night. Highly packable Altura sets up quickly, thanks to clip assembly. Factory taped seams in rainproof fly Single door Large interior pockets 1-person, 3-season Floor: 94x35 , 23 sq.ft. Height: 25 Stuff size: 17x5 Weight: 3 lb. 8 oz. Material: Polyester, two folding aluminum poles CLOSEOUTS . China. See our Family Camping 101 Guide Visit our Tent Buying Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

Mountainsmith Altura

The Altura has been discontinued.

The Mountainsmith Altura is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 27, 2008 at Backcountry Outlet.