This is a pack I have used for everything from 3 day…

Design: backpack
Size: 2044ci
Max. Load Carried: 50 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'9"

This is a pack I have used for everything from 3 day camping trips (although I pack light for camping) to all the junk that needed for 3 kids for an all day trip to the park.

It normally carries my laptop, 70oz Camelbak bladder, Leatherman Wave, small first aid kit (like I said 3 kids...) diapers, wipes, and anything else I think I might need for the day (my wife calls it my Man Purse).

When I'm headed out hunting I can actually pack my shotgun (18.5" slug barrel with a topfolding stock) inside the main compartment or under the outer side compartments, and everything I could need (drag kit, extra clothing, ammo).

I just took this pack on an overnighter into the Grand…

Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 35lb
Height of Owner: 6'2"

I just took this pack on an overnighter into the Grand Canyon. We did a one night stay and I carried solo tent, bag, stove w/fuel, air pad, clothes and food, and still had room to spare. The outer panel was nice when we had to de-layer on the way down sice it was snowing on th eRm and warm in down below.

GREAT PACK AT GREAT LW PRICE.

Mountainsmith Approach

The Approach has been discontinued.

The Mountainsmith Approach is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 20, 2006 at REI.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review