Mountainsmith Approach

This is a pack I have used for everything from 3 day…

Design: backpack
Size: 2044ci
Max. Load Carried: 50 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'9"

This is a pack I have used for everything from 3 day camping trips (although I pack light for camping) to all the junk that needed for 3 kids for an all day trip to the park.

It normally carries my laptop, 70oz Camelbak bladder, Leatherman Wave, small first aid kit (like I said 3 kids...) diapers, wipes, and anything else I think I might need for the day (my wife calls it my Man Purse).

When I'm headed out hunting I can actually pack my shotgun (18.5" slug barrel with a topfolding stock) inside the main compartment or under the outer side compartments, and everything I could need (drag kit, extra clothing, ammo).

I just took this pack on an overnighter into the Grand…

Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 35lb
Height of Owner: 6'2"

I just took this pack on an overnighter into the Grand Canyon. We did a one night stay and I carried solo tent, bag, stove w/fuel, air pad, clothes and food, and still had room to spare. The outer panel was nice when we had to de-layer on the way down sice it was snowing on th eRm and warm in down below.

GREAT PACK AT GREAT LW PRICE.

Ideal for trips to the backcountry, this backpack has the details to make your trip more comfortable. Easily accessible front panel pocket features zippered mesh pocket for pens, keys, PDA and cell phone. Two side zippered pockets keep water bottles and other personal items handy. Low-profile Spinal Chimney ventilation pads keep contact away from spine for a cooling bellows action to keep you comfortable. Front expansion pocket can store water bottles for quick hydration on the trail and is large enough to store a climbing helmet. Main compartment features elastic pocket and slot pocket with shingled exit port for hydration reservoir, sold separately. Side compression straps and load-lifter straps secure load and adjust weight, keeping pack close to body when scrambling and moving fast. Tuck-away Delta Compression System on hipbelt compresses weight into the lumbar area for a stable, evenly distributed load. Contoured HDPE full framesheet and two aluminum stays provide additional load control and support. Features ice axe loop and daisy chain. Constructed from 420-denier high-density ripstop nylon, stretch polyester mesh and 600-denier Kodra® nylon bottom for abrasion resistance. Closeout.

Mountainsmith Approach

The Approach has been discontinued.

The Mountainsmith Approach is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 20, 2006 at REI.