Price Paid: it was a gift but i suspect around $100
- Sturdy construction.
- Water resistant.
- Two Nalgenes fit in each side pocket.
- Front pocket converts to day pack.
- Zipper down the front makes stuff in the bottom accessible.
- Very comfortable.
- Lots of space (perhaps too much).
- Hydration compatible.
- The buckles that secure the lid connect to the bottom of the back panel instead straight down which makes it awkward. Easily fixed with scissors and a needle.
- The lid hangs awkwardly of the front when the pack is not full.
- If you unzip the lid pocket while the pack is leaned against a tree, everything falls out.
Where to Buy
The Mountainsmith Cascade is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may want to check pricing and availability directly at these Mountainsmith retailers:
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.
Here's what other sites are saying:
Offering plenty of space in a feature-rich, lightweight package, the Mountainsmith® Cascade is a smart choice for multiday treks. Distinctive suspension system easily adjusts for a comfortable fit; back panel, hipbelt and shoulder straps are lined with moisture-wicking mesh. Padded hipbelt has rigid reinforcements to help comfortably distribute the weight of the pack to your hips. Three-quarter clamshell zippered front panel lets you easily access the pack's contents. Removable daypack on front doubles as part of the compression system, helping stabilize the pack's contents. Hydration compatible, with dual exit ports; reservoir sold separately. Exterior zippers are water-resistant, helping keep your gear dry when the weather changes. Each of the two expandable, bellowed side pockets can easily accommodate a 32 oz. water bottle. Bungee cord system (with cordlock) and single ice axe loop let you lash extra gear to the outside of your pack. Sleeping pad lashing straps let you easily attach your pad to the underside of the pack. Large, removable top lid has plenty of space for quick-access to essentials; underside has a zippered small mesh compartment with a key lanyard. Elastic sternum strap eases pressure across your chest as you breathe. Closeout.