Pros: Sturdy construction. Water resistant. Two Nalgenes…
Price Paid: it was a gift but i suspect around $100
- Sturdy construction.
- Water resistant.
- Two Nalgenes fit in each side pocket.
- Front pocket converts to day pack.
- Zipper down the front makes stuff in the bottom accessible.
- Very comfortable.
- Lots of space (perhaps too much).
- Hydration compatible.
- The buckles that secure the lid connect to the bottom of the back panel instead straight down which makes it awkward. Easily fixed with scissors and a needle.
- The lid hangs awkwardly of the front when the pack is not full.
- If you unzip the lid pocket while the pack is leaned against a tree, everything falls out.
ULA Equipment Catalyst
Kelty Red Cloud 110
Arc'teryx Altra 75
$479 - $499
Gregory Baltoro 85
Deuter Aircontact 75+10
$231 - $299
Osprey Aether 85
$160 - $309
REI Traverse 85
Eagle Creek Deviate 85L Travel Backpack