Mountainsmith Daisy

I love this pack - I bought it on close-out from REI…

Height of Owner: 5'2"

I love this pack - I bought it on close-out from REI so I'm guessing they don't make it any more. It has plenty of pockets, plenty of room, different access points so you can get to your stuff in the middle without pulling everything out the top.

I have not used the reservoir, so I can't comment on that. I do have troubling reaching the side mesh pockets (which do fit a 32oz bottle) so for now I clip a bottle to the hip belt, but might consider a bladder in the future.

Best feature - comfort! I'm 5'2", 140# and when I hiked out of the Grand Canyon, my legs and lungs were killing me but I realized I didn't even notice the pack on my back. There is lots of padding in the hipbelt, which is awesome.

If you've owned or used a Mountainsmith Daisy, please share your experience.

Mountainsmith Daisy

The Daisy has been discontinued.

The Mountainsmith Daisy is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new internal frame backpack, check out the best reviewed current models.