Mountainsmith Daisy

I love this pack - I bought it on close-out from REI…

Height of Owner: 5'2"

I love this pack - I bought it on close-out from REI so I'm guessing they don't make it any more. It has plenty of pockets, plenty of room, different access points so you can get to your stuff in the middle without pulling everything out the top.

I have not used the reservoir, so I can't comment on that. I do have troubling reaching the side mesh pockets (which do fit a 32oz bottle) so for now I clip a bottle to the hip belt, but might consider a bladder in the future.

Best feature - comfort! I'm 5'2", 140# and when I hiked out of the Grand Canyon, my legs and lungs were killing me but I realized I didn't even notice the pack on my back. There is lots of padding in the hipbelt, which is awesome.

Offering plenty of space in a feature-rich, lightweight package, the Mountainsmith® Daisy is a smart choice for multiday treks. Distinctive suspension system easily adjusts for a comfortable fit; back panel, hipbelt and shoulder straps are lined with moisture-wicking mesh. Padded hipbelt has rigid reinforcements to help comfortably distribute the weight of the pack to your hips. Three-quarter clamshell zippered front panel lets you easily access the pack's contents. Removable daypack on front doubles as part of the compression system, helping stabilize the pack's contents. Hydration compatible, with dual exit ports; reservoir sold separately. Exterior zippers are water-resistant, helping keep your gear dry when the weather changes. Two expandable, bellowed side pockets can each easily accommodate a 32 oz. water bottle. Single ice axe loop lets you lash extra gear to the outside of your pack. Sleeping pad lashing straps let you easily attach your pad to the underside of the pack. Large, removable top lid has plenty of space for quick-access to essentials; underside has a zippered small mesh compartment with a key lanyard. Elastic sternum strap eases pressure across your chest as you breathe. Closeout.

Mountainsmith Daisy

The Daisy has been discontinued.

The Mountainsmith Daisy is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new internal frame backpack, check out the best reviewed current models.