Mountainsmith Frostfire 5

I've had this pack for about 4 years and I have done…

Design: Internal Frame
Size: 5300
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 90 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5'11"

I've had this pack for about 4 years and I have done just about everything with it, from useing it in the summer at Boy Scout Camp, week long trips Baxter St. Park in ME, various trips on the Long Trail. In the winter I've used it to climb Mt. Washington, day trips in NH for ice climbing and also out on Mt. Baker. This pack is great, there is lots of space in it for everything you could need and it fits me perfect, you can make it work for whatever your activity is.

My only complaint is that I don't think that there are enough pockets for extra junk, you can buy pockets and water bottle holders specificaly for Mountainsmith, but for those of us on college budgets it's tough. Recently on Mt. Baker I tore the stiching on the left shoulder strap to the point where it was almost completly off. I brought it back to EMS where I had purchased the pack and they sent it to Mountainsmith, fixed it and had it back in 2 1/2 weeks with no hassles, they are great company, they make a great pack and they'll be the first I go to when I decide to retire my current pack.

A very comfortable pack. Excellent ventilation and…

Design: internal frame
Size: approx. 5300 cu.in.
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 60 lbs.
Height of Owner: 6 feet tall

A very comfortable pack. Excellent ventilation and weight distribution. Maybe a few too many straps to deal with. I took this pack on a TWO WEEK trip to Arizona, New Mexico, etc. and couldn't fill this pack to its full capacity! (note: this may also say something about how many changes of clothing I took with me, hence the nickname). For the price, this pack is hard to beat. Excellent quality throughout. I am very pleased with the Frostfire.