Mountainsmith Hiker

Pretty good daypack. I like the internal organization;…

Design: front- loading
Size: 26 liters
Number of Pockets: 6
Max. Load Carried: 15lbs?
Height of Owner: 5'11"

Pretty good daypack. I like the internal organization; lined sunglass compartment, hydration sleeve, and 2 other internal compartments.

My only real knocks on it are the lack of pockets on the hipbelt and the padding on the back. They're really minor gripes, I've just gotten used to the mesh backing and hipbelt pockets on my Osprey Atmos 65. But hey, for under $30 including shipping (and that was brand new with tags!) I can't complain.

Overall a very capable pack that I would recommend without reservation. Oh yeah, Einstein fits on it with no problem! (See my profile for an explanation)

If you've owned or used a Mountainsmith Hiker, please share your experience.

The Hiker and women-specific Lupine are feature-laden daypacks with multiple storage options, designed for all terrain extended day trips. Feature include: dual density foam shoulder straps; air mesh foam back panel with PE framesheet; removable pivoting waist belt that tucks away; easy-access haul handles; organizational sleeve; fleece-lined eyewear pockets; internal organizer pockets; two angled water bottle pockets; hydration-compatible with exit port; two compression straps; elastic rigging; trekking pole mounts; load adjusters. Fabric: 420d Velocity nylon body fabric with 840d Ballistic nylon reinforcements.

Mountainsmith Hiker

The Hiker has been discontinued.

The Mountainsmith Hiker is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 2, 2010 at Gear for Adventure.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.

Capacity 1,586 cu in / 26 l