Mountainsmith Youth Pursuit

I bought this as a beginner pack for my boy. It's…

Summary

I bought this as a beginner pack for my boy. It's not only a great size as small but, it grows with the child. It is money well spent.

Pros

• Grows with the child

Cons

• None that I have found

My son's pack has now done every mountain with a fire tower in the Adirondacks of NY and has made him very comfortable. He loves his little pack that isn't really little. As always it's very rugged and should last for his children. Well worth the money and it's an investment in comfort for children.

FromSagetoSnow

How old is the child you bought this pack for?

1 year ago
Roy bleyl jr

He is 10

1 year ago

I bought this pack several years back and kept it…

Design: Top-loading internal frame
Size: 3,000 + cubic inches
Number of Pockets: 2 side and 2 water bottle pockets
Max. Load Carried: 42 pounds
Height of Owner: 5' 11"

I bought this pack several years back and kept it around until I sold my Lowe Alpine. Then I brought this one out and have carried it on the Appalachian Trail on two separate trips of a week/10 days. It is much too small for this many days unless you are a minimalist.

I have never carried a more comfortable pack, the load was easily adjusted, and at the end of the day it still felt very comfortable. I would highly recommend this pack for a young person or for a 3 to 4 day trip.

Great pack for smaller bodies. I purchased this pack…

Design: Internal Frame Pack
Size: 3000 C.I.
Number of Pockets: 5 I think
Max. Load Carried: 25
Height of Owner: 54 inches

Great pack for smaller bodies. I purchased this pack for my skinny son that was going into Boy Scouts so that he could keep his things in it. Excellent fit and finish. Cool features such as a built-in whistle (built into the chest strap). He loves the pack and had a great time with it over his Scout weekend last week. We are going backpacking with it next week. But if you have a little hiker this a great pack that will grow with him.

Visit Mountainsmith's Youth Pursuit page.

A well-designed internal frame pack built just for kids, the Mountain Smith Youth Pursuit Backpack provides kids the opportunity to hit the trail.

- Altrec Outdoors

The Youth Pursuit is a well-designed internal frame pack that provides kids the opportunity to hit the trail.

- GearX.com

The Mountainsmith Youth Pursuit is a well-designed internal frame pack that provides kids the opportunity to hit the trail. This is one of our larger packs specially designed for kids that will grow with them into the teen years.

- UpsideOver

Instead of having junior load up the old, oversized external-frame pack you found while cleaning out the garage, set him up with the full-featured Mountainsmith Pursuit Youth Backpack so he'll actually enjoy the few days he spends in the woods. The padded suspension and shoulder straps adjust for a perfect fit, and the hydration sleeve makes it easy for him to quench his thirst without having to stop and fall behind the group.

Mountainsmith Youth Pursuit

The Mountainsmith Youth Pursuit is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 16, 2014 at Backcountry.com.