MSR Alpine Fry Pan

The MSR Alpine Fry Pan is a well made addition to…

Price Paid: +/- $15

Summary

The MSR Alpine Fry Pan is a well made addition to your cook kit.

Pros

• Heavier weight stainless steel durability
  • Even heating
  • Mirror finish

Cons

• Heavier weight stainless steel
  • No lid

I have been very pleased with the performance and construction of my MSR Alpine Fry Pan.

The stainless steel construction seems to be very durable and the mirror like finish prevents excessive sticking of food if properly lubricated. The size is just right for browning 6" tortillas and cooking pancakes, bannock, eggs, or even sausages without cutting.

In addition the bottom corner radiuses make cleanup a breeze. Normally scrubbing with some stiff grass and rinsing with hot water is all that is needed. I think one of the advantages of this pan verses some others is the aluminum clad bottom that really helps even out heat distribution.

I use this as a multipurpose piece of kit and it has replaced my plate and the container to use for hygiene cleanup (shaving, etc).

I am in the process of looking for other kitchen items I can nest with this pan to reconfigure my current cook kit based on its performance and quality. If anyone has ideas for me, add a comment. I would highly recommend this pan to anyone looking for the versatility of a fry pan.

Myra Ellis

Thanks for the review. I'm in the same pot so to speak. I'm trying to put together a kit that nests well starting at the bottom with a really good fry pan. I heavily use mine while camping but would really like a well fitted lid to go with it. And the handle must nest flat inside or under. Then a pot with a lid and then a kettle and then a cup and then a water bottle. Have you found more items that nest well with this fry pan?