MSR Asgard

This tent is awesome. Weight is manageable with 2…

Summary

This tent is awesome. Weight is manageable with 2 people. Protection from elements and room is awesome.

Pros

• bombproof
  • easy to setup
  • roomy
  • light (relative)

Cons

• discontinued in North America

This tent is awesome. I have been in minus 20 with snow coming down like it was the last day on earth. Slept in it like a king with my hiking partner. The tent is light and easy to setup.

Now I am bias as I am an MSR nutcase. However in cold weather I will not use something that doesn't work...this tent is superb. The only mistake MSR did was discontinuing this tent in favour of its FURY which only has one entrance...boooh!

Everyone that travels and camps in the cold knows 2 things--the tent is gonna be crowded because of the extra stuff you need and a single entrance is like pushing a watermelon through a keyhole. MSR, love you guys, however bad move on the Fury being your number one winter tent.

MSR Asgard

The MSR Asgard is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.