MSR Autoflow Gravity Filter

I have found this filter to be perfect for me. I like…

I have found this filter to be perfect for me. I like the fact that there is no pumping, makes it very convenient. If water is not close to where I am camping for the night I will fill my water bottles at the water source, and then refill reservoir on the filter so that I have water for the morning.

Another noteworthy feature is the fact that it can be backwashed, so the cartridge lasts much longer, and the flow does not diminish as quickly. The only downside is that it needs to be dried completely before it is stored for any length of time.

I cannot see myself purchasing another pump filter after using this.

Great filter for large amounts of water with little…

Summary

Great filter for large amounts of water with little work.

Pros

• Filters quickly
  • No pumping
  • Easy to operate

Cons

• Maintenance free filter

Picture-197.jpg
This gravity system is awesome. I purchased this to go along on my recent trip to Olympic Nat'l Park for 5 days with a couple of friends. The $80 was for the bag and filter kit, everything you need minus a drom bag. I was sick of getting into camp and spending my last few hours of daylight pumping water, or spitting silt out while tabbing. I already had a 10L Drom bag from MSR and this attaches right to it or right to wide mouth Nalgene bottles.

Once in camp, I could walk to the nearest water source fill the 4-5L bag, attach to the drom bag and let gravity do the work, while I got my tent and the rest of the camp set up. In about 8 minutes we had 5 liters of filtered water. I would fill it up once more and top off the drom (10L) and had water for dinner, clean up, drinking, and refilling Nalgenes in the morning for 3. The pump or tabs were fine for water on trail, but this is a camp necessity from now on. It is well worth the few ounces it weighs.

I definitely recommend this to all trail weary backpackers at the end of a glorious day. Even got to take a cold swim while water was filtering.

I purchased the MSR Gravity Filter to replace a Pur-Hiker…

Price Paid: @ $90

I purchased the MSR Gravity Filter to replace a Pur-Hiker I have had for 15yrs, and I'm glad I did. No pumping! It is very fast, convenient, back flush-able on the trail, and it is light weight and compact too.

I used it for about 6 weeks in the woods last year and just see no downside at all. It never gave me any trouble and performed wonderfully. Definitely recommended... Did I mention No Pumping! lol

Visit MSR's Autoflow Gravity Filter page.

The MSR HyperFlow features: The latest Hollow Fiber Technology in a package so small and so easy to use it will change the way you travel in the backcountry.Also included is a Quick Connect Bottle Adapter allowing direct connection to all MSR hydration products and a variety of other "wide mouth" containers and an advanced prefilter to prolong the life of your filter.

- CampSaver.com

MSR AutoFlow Gravity FilterTrust the top grade quality of the MSR AutoFlow Gravity Filter. You can enjoy the outdoors without the need of carrying unnecessary bottles of water, thanks to the new MSR AutoFlow Gravity Filter. It saves you money, and is ideal to protect you from harmful bacteria. This device needs no pumping, gravity does the job without the need of complicated mechanisms. This reliable gravity filter is designed to filter more than 1.5 lt. per minute, so you can always have fresh, drinkable water for personal use, or for big groups of people. Its compact design allows comfortable storage, to be kept anywhere in your travel bags. Its 10.5 oz. weight makes it unnoticeable when being carried. You won't have to worry about cleaning it, since its convenient shape allows easy washing for flow recovery. In addition, it requires no tools for its complete disassembly. Invest your money well, and buy this dependable MSR AutoFlow Gravity Filter today.

- SunnySports

Collect, filter, and store your water in the backcountry with the quick and convenient MSR Autoflow Gravity Filter. This field-cleanable filter lets gravity do the work and cleans nearly two liters of water per minute. The four-liter reservoir holds enough wet stuff for your whole group, and the adapter end piece fits onto most standard water bottles and reservoirs.

On Sale. Free Shipping. MSR Autoflow Gravity Filter FEATURES of the MSR Autoflow Gravity Filter No Pumping: Lets gravity do the work, so you don't have to Fast: Filters more than 1.75 liters per minute Field Maintainable: Can be cleaned repeatedly for flow recovery; no tools required for complete disassembly SPECIFICATIONS of the MSR Autoflow Gravity Filter Protozoa Bacteria Particulate Weight: 10.5 oz / 299 g Dimension: 4 x 6in. / 10 x 15 cm Filter Matrix: Hollow Fiber Filter Pore Size: 0.2 Micron Flow: 1.75 Liters per minute Cartridge Life: 1500 Liters Field Cleanable Field Maintainable Water Bottle Adapter