MSR CloudLiner

Confirm other reviewer's experience of the tube separating…

Confirm other reviewer's experience of the tube separating from the bladder...then, due to the polyethylene-liner, you can't get it back on!

Since I had two of these bladders, I've secured the second tube at the bladder connection with a zip-tie...hopefully this will prevent a similar event.

This is a piece of sh*t. Tube will detach from the…

This is a piece of sh*t. Tube will detach from the base of the reservoir with the slightest tug filling your bag with water and soaking everything you were trying to keep dry.

My pack is an Arc'teryx Naos 70 and it's waterproof, so there is no signs that all your stuff is soaked until you sit your pack down and open it. Also the liner on the inside of the tube (to keep your water from tasting like plastic) will eventually get pushed inside the tube creating a clog. The only way to fix this is to cut it above the clog. I've tried everything.

I loathe this product.

My experience was very brief and unsuccessful. Due…

Price Paid: JPY 5,000

My experience was very brief and unsuccessful. Due to the brevity of my test of the product, however, I am reluctant to give only one star.

I bought the reservoir on a Thursday, and on the following Saturday morning filled it and slid it into the hydration pocket of my pack (Cilogear 40 liter worksack). Hiked a quick 15 minutes or so from the parking lot to the base of a local crag and pulled out my climbing gear. Just before casting off in the first route of the day, I noticed that my pack was flooding.

The drinking tube had separated from the reservoir at the tube/reservoir connection point, and around 2.5 liters of water was now sloshing around in the bottom of my pack. Experimentation then revealed that the tube/reservoir connection could be separated with a light tug. Most likely I unknowingly gave just such a tug to the tube while pulling my climbing gear out, resulting in the deluge.

I took the product back to the shop where I bought it (ICI-Ishii Sports, Harajuku Branch, Tokyo), and they confirmed the easy separation of the tube and reservoir on my unit, and found the same result on at least one other new unit on their shelves. They then offered me an immediate exchange for a 3 liter Camelback reservoir that they had on the shelf. I accepted and will be testing the Camelback this weekend.

I have written to MSR describing this experience, but have not yet heard back from them. When I do, I will edit this review, if possible, to provide their response.

Carry water more easily than ever with MSR's CloudLiner water carrier, a BPA-free, flexible container that keeps your water tasting fresh. Tote easily by the ergonomic carry handles or slide it into your hydration pack or backpack, puncture-resistant, it can handle the rigors of the trail easily.

- Mountain Gear

CLOSEOUTS . The MSR Cloudliner hydration bladder provides reliable, taste-free hydration in a puncture-resistant, lightweight package . Available Colors: SEE PHOTO.

- Sierra Trading Post

MSR's taste-free, lightweight version of the Hydromedary Hydration Bag. The CloudLiner boasts a new high-flow/no-leak bite valve, a low-profile easy-fill/carry handle, and three streamlined shapes that fit most packs, while its puncture-resistant material solves the all-too-common bladder-bursting problem.

- CampSaver.com

The MSR Cloudliner Hydration Bag is a lightweight taste-free version of the MSR Hydromedary Bag. The Cloud liner's tough, puncture-resistant material helps prevent dreaded bladder-burst. The Cloudliner Hydration Bag comes complete with a drink tube, a high-flow no-leak bite valve, and a low-profile easy-fill handle. Slip a Cloudliner Bag in your backpack for an instant hands-free hydration system.

On Sale. MSR CloudLiner Hydration Bag (Fall 2009) The CloudLiner Hydration Bag by MSR boasts a new high-flow/no-leak bite valve, a low-profile easy-fill/carry handle, and three streamlined shapes that fit most packs, while its puncture-resistant material solves the all-too-common bladder-bursting problem.2-Liter Bag Specifications:Size: 6.5 x 17 in. (16.5 x 43 cm)Weight: 5.7 oz. (162 g)2.5-Liter Bag Specifications:Size: 7.5 x 14 in. (19 x 35.5 cm)Weight: 5.8 oz. (164 g)3-Liter Bag Specifications:Size: 7.5 x 18 in. (19 x 46 cm)Weight: 6.2 oz. (176 g) Features: Taste-Free and Durable: Reservoir is completely taste-free and puncture-resistant; drinking tube is also taste-free. High Flow/No Leaks: New bite valve dramatically increases flow rate, while new shutoff valve prevents leaks. Easy to Fill/Carry: New handle makes filling and carrying bags easier than ever. Upgrades Most Packs: Three new streamlined shapes fit most hydration packs and backpacks.

MSR CloudLiner

The CloudLiner has been discontinued.

The MSR CloudLiner is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new hydration reservoir, check out the best reviewed current models.