MSR LED Tent Lights

I would like to talk about a couple of small items…

I would like to talk about a couple of small items I found extremely useful for my tent while I was backpacking a few weeks ago above Tuolumne Meadows at Yosemite National Park.

First is the MSR Universal Gear Loft. This item adds a gear loft to the top of your tent (see my review of the Universal Gear Loft).

In addition to the Gear Loft I purchased a couple of MSR LED Tent Lights. These are small LED lights, in either Red or Clear, that have a couple of small but very strong magnets attached to loops on the lights that allow you to attach the lights to about anything in your tent.

In my case, I separated the magnets and put the loop of the light around one of the gear loft straps then let the magnets come together. This held the light in place. I put one light on one strap and another light on the opposite gear loft strap. When I needed light, in my case red filter light, I just activated one of the LED lights.  They worked great and I left them attached to the gear loft during the entire backpacking trip.

A GREAT couple of items I would recommend to anyone who backpacks and uses a tent.

image.jpg

MSR LED Tent Lights is a convenient way to add light in your tent. The magnets attach to tent fabric and slide anywhere on the panel.

- CampSaver.com

The LED tent light from MSR is a convenient, lightweight night-light for any tent.

MSR LED Tent Lights FEATURES of the MSR LED Tent Lights Convenient, lightweight nightlight for any tent Magnets attach to tent fabric and slide anywhere on panel LED bulb produces 6 Lumens, replaceable batteries last 10 hours Offers high, low, strobe, signal and storage modes Red LED light does not disturb vision at night

MRS LED Tent Light. Illuminate your tent time with this lightweight LED tent light. Magnetic tabs allow the light to attach to your tent's fabric and slide anywhere you need it. MSR LED tent lights are available in two colors: a white model that is ideal for reading, and a red tent light model that offers visibility without interrupting your night vision. Two Colors: Available as a white tent light or a red tent light. Ultra Bright: Tent light produces six Lumens and lasts for more than 10 hours. Multiple Modes: High, Low and Strobe functions provide a variety of options. Battery Life: High: 10 hours; Low: 22 hours; Strobe: 30 hours. Tent Light Includes: Two magnetic tabs, two 2016 Lithium batteries. Color: Red, Black. Weight: 1.75 oz / 49 g. Materials: Led, plastic, stainless steel clip. Country of Origin: Made in China

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

Illuminate your tent time with MSR's LED Tent Lights-magnetic tabs allow you to attach the light to your tent's fabric and slide it anywhere you need it.

- EMS