MSR LED Tent Lights

I would like to talk about a couple of small items…

I would like to talk about a couple of small items I found extremely useful for my tent while I was backpacking a few weeks ago above Tuolumne Meadows at Yosemite National Park.

First is the MSR Universal Gear Loft. This item adds a gear loft to the top of your tent (see my review of the Universal Gear Loft).

In addition to the Gear Loft I purchased a couple of MSR LED Tent Lights. These are small LED lights, in either Red or Clear, that have a couple of small but very strong magnets attached to loops on the lights that allow you to attach the lights to about anything in your tent.

In my case, I separated the magnets and put the loop of the light around one of the gear loft straps then let the magnets come together. This held the light in place. I put one light on one strap and another light on the opposite gear loft strap. When I needed light, in my case red filter light, I just activated one of the LED lights.  They worked great and I left them attached to the gear loft during the entire backpacking trip.

A GREAT couple of items I would recommend to anyone who backpacks and uses a tent.

image.jpg

If you've owned or used a MSR LED Tent Lights, please share your experience.