MSR MiniWorks

I have been using this water filter since 1996. NOT…

I have been using this water filter since 1996. NOT ONE PROBLEM! With the filter or the water from the filter. No plastic taste.

This filter is reliable and easy to clean. One of the best pieces of backpacking equipment I have ever purchased.

I have used this filter at the bottom of the Grand Canyon and at the boulder field of Longs Peak. It has never failed me.

What a pleasure it is to enjoy the outdoors without having to worry about your water filter or the water coming from it.

Excellent water filter, easy to clean and is compatible…

Excellent water filter, easy to clean and is compatible with all Nalgene and MSR water bottle threads. Its strong point is its construction, which has not been compromised to get a lighter weight. Very sturdy pump lever and overall build, one of the few pump-type filters I've used that didn't break after the first trip (the Marine Corps adopted the MiniWorks for its recon units). Try it, you'll love it.

I love mine. I have had it for about six years now.

Price Paid: $60-ish

I love mine. I have had it for about six years now. I gave it 4 stars because I believe the WaterWorks EX microfilter is a better filter now. If you are looking for a water filter I would go with the WaterWorks EX microfilter. It is a bit more expensive and heavier but worth it. If money is a problem go with the MSR MiniWorks. Always check EBAY.

OK, this filter may work well in CLEAN water but it…

OK, this filter may work well in CLEAN water but it will fail miserably in conditions like the BWCA. It lasts about 1 day then the cartridge is totally unusable and uncleanable. Stay away from this one. It is junk!

If you've owned or used a MSR MiniWorks, please share your experience.

MSR MiniWorks

The MiniWorks has been discontinued.

The MSR MiniWorks is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 3, 2009 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new pump/gravity water filter, check out the best reviewed current models.