MSR OutfitterWing

Our Boy Scout Troop has one of these and it is great.

Our Boy Scout Troop has one of these and it is great. It does not make any noise when the wind is blowing. We had some rough weather one night, the wind was blowing my 3 man Kelty tent to within a few inches of my nose. The next morning, this MSR Wing was still up, in place with only one stake loose!

If you are over 6 ft tall you will need to rig it so that the middle does not rub your head.

Mississippi Scout Master

This is a great tarp for car camping, going to the…

This is a great tarp for car camping, going to the park or for your patio. I bought it for car camping in the Rockies. It also sets up perfect from my back door over our picnic table. It is up right now. It is raining now and it we even just got some light hail. No problem.

You can use trekking poles on any of the side guy points. I even have a trekking pole in the center from the picnic table. This tarp comes with everything you need too, unlike some products were you don't have enough stakes. The stakes are large plastic and have a nice groove for the guy line to run through so it will not slip off.

Very nice tarp. It is heavy though so I cannot imagine anyone packing this unless they split all the parts between a handful of people.

Well designed and well made, thats how I'd describe…

Well designed and well made, thats how I'd describe it. I really like the velcro pockets that stow away each guyline. They keep them from getting tangled which is great when setting up in a rain. The "rock buster" stakes are beefy and hold in high winds and all stress points are bar tacked.

I work with juvenile delinquents and take them backpacking and have had 14 people under it. I'm 6'3" and can stand under it. It is heavy but the name ought to give that away. Lots of setup configurations are possible and it works great as a front porch for a tent. It's also worked great on gravel/sand bars as a sun shade. I've been around several other tarps and none compare.

If you've owned or used a MSR OutfitterWing, please share your experience.

MSR OutfitterWing

The OutfitterWing has been discontinued.

The MSR OutfitterWing is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new tarp/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.