MSR OverLand Carbon

I love these poles. I take them with me every time…

I love these poles. I take them with me every time I head to the trails. I was skeptical that trekking polls would make that much difference in my hiking experience, but they add stability and I think they help my endurance too.

These poles are easy to use and adjust. The twist lock design is easy to use and they've never slipped on me.

The carbon-fiber material makes them super light weight.

These were my first pair of poles, and I realized…

These were my first pair of poles, and I realized how good they were only later when I bought a pair of Komperdells. These poles never collapse. The primary downfall of these poles is that the locking mechanism can rust, which can make it near impossible to get the poles to lock as they get older. I'm sure this problem can be overcome with better pole care.

Visit MSR's OverLand Carbon page.

Thanks to a full carbon-fiber construction, the MSR Overland Carbon Trekking Poles are lightweight and strong for your weeklong expeditions or day treks. These three-section hiking poles have anti-shock wrist straps so your arms don't feel like they're holding a jackhammer each time you pole. Collapse the Overland Carbon Poles and strap them to your pack once you hit level ground. These MSR poles' grips are at a seven-degree angle to lessen wrist-stress.

At eight ounces a piece, these lightweight poles are at home on the trail as part of an ultralight hiker's bag of tricks.

- SunnySports

On Sale. Free Shipping. MSR OverLand Carbon Telescoping Poles The SPECS Length: 25 - 55in. / 65 - 140 cm Weight/Pair: 17 oz / 482 g

For stability on all terrain, from rocky switchbacks to deep snow drifts, the versatile Overland Carbon trekking poles from MSR offer lightweight performance with carbon-fiber material. Adjust the 3 sections to get the perfect height while you keep your wrists comfortable and relaxed with the ergonomic, natural-angle nylon grips.

- Mountain Gear

MSR OverLand Carbon

The MSR OverLand Carbon is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 30, 2012 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new rigid trekking pole, check out the best reviewed current models.