MSR PanHandler Pot Lifter

Just a little item, but one that makes camp stove…

Just a little item, but one that makes camp stove cooking a bit easier. Used it primarily with Jetboil stove, so pots with long handles affixed can be easily knocked off, and make the stove off-balance. This works well with handle-less pots.

• Solid,yet light
  • Easy to use, easy release of the clamping action.

• Carrying case may be a bit much!

We have come to rely on our canister stove for canoe camping...we also have begun to use small pots (in addition to the pot/mug that comes with the stove). We found that pots with large handles tended to get "tippy" on the stove, and were easily knocked off the small stove ring.

So we went to pots without handles, but then faced the challenge of lifting them or holding them without getting a nasty burn, or spilling the we ended up with the MSR panhandler. It is lightweight, sturdy, and clips on and off the rim of a pot with ease.

The handle does come with a small felt carrying pouch, which seems a bit superfluous.

For a small piece of gear, it is very helpful!

I agree that the pot lifter is very handy (was that a pun?). Sometimes it's the little things that make a difference.

I actually like the carrying pouch myself as a potholder or rag.

I use a multitool to handle my pots, but I love the pic with the canoe behind it.

This is a nice piece of extra gear for me because…

This is a nice piece of extra gear for me because most of my pots and pans have small handles that sometimes get hot hot hot depending on different circumstances. It works very well and its able to be packed away inside my small cook set.

Light weight

An extra piece in your pack.

I would recommend this to a friend.