MSR Titan Cup

So it's light! very light! but not cheap. So for a…

Price Paid: 25$

So it's light! very light! but not cheap. So for a cup? As I don't lose things, and I can't break this mug it's a price that I'm happy to pay.

God is in the details they say, and this bit is all about it - one of the things that I like when going for a long trek is to have some comfy with me, and to know that nothing is going to happen to it. So with my mug, I can drink hot beverages:) nice at the end of the day, or on a rest day, or to start my day, you name it.

One thing - Titanium is not the best to save the drink hot for long...so this is a downside for me as I like to drink slow but have my drink as hot as possible. I'm thinking about adding some neoprene around it for isolation. Maybe the Snowpeak double wall make more sense? But I do love the size of my MSR mug!

I was looking for a lightweight mug. In trying to…

Summary

I was looking for a lightweight mug.

Pros

• light
  • strong
  • perfect small pot

Cons

• small diameter, means harder to use alcohol stove

In trying to lighten up more, I searched for a smaller lighter pot and found this MSR to be perfect used with the Soto stove. But now I want to ditch the cannister stove and move to an alcohol stove. My goal is to get a pot of water to a boil in under 6 minutes. The problem seems to be because of its small size the flame and a lot of heat goes up the sides of the pot and prolongs the boil time.

Visit MSR's Titan Cup page.

Take one sip from this svelte coffee, soup or whatever cup and you'll be tempted to throw out your best china. Folding wire handles make it easy to carry and pack. Nests inside the Titan Kettle for the ultimate solo set.

- CampSaver.com

MSR Titan CupThe MSR Titan Cup will come in handy in any of your trips to the wilderness that you undertake. It can hold up to 0.4 liters of hot or cold beverage in one serving. This cup will be as convenient as your finest china when you are on a camping trip. It is very resistant due to the material it's made of. You get the piece of mind that it won't break and will always be good to use. Its folding wire handles allow you to hold it comfortable when having a drink. With a weight of only 1.9 oz. which is practically weightless, this can carry around without adding extra weight to your luggage. Next time you go on your outdoor trip you are sure that the MSR Titan Cup will be the best think you added to your gear.

- SunnySports

Weighing a microscopic 1. 8 ounces, the MSR Titanium Mug is a favorite with the fast and light crowd. Drink your morning coffee or fuel up with a warm soup dinner in the Titanium Mug. With folding wire handles, this MSR mug nests inside the Titan Kettle (sold separately) to give you the ultimate solo cook set.

On Sale. MSR Titan Cup FEATURES of the MSR Titan Cup Compact: Nests inside Titan Kettle Versatile: Eat/drink cup for beverages or soups SPECIFICATIONS of the MSR Titan Cup Volume: 13.5 cubic inches / 0.4 liter Weight: 1.9 oz / 54 g