Mystery Ranch 12-Bar

Good pack. Dana designs great packs that will last…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Pros

• Good bombproof pack that is comfortable with loads up to 60 pounds.

Cons

• Made in China. Don't get me wrong, the quality and design are excellent, but I would rather support local workers.
  • Also, a tip for the last reviewer who had trouble with the top lid shifting when the pack was less than full: Take the top lid fanny belt and wrap it around the frame and buckle it. Solves the issue.

Good pack. Dana designs great packs that will last and this is no exception.

I have a love-hate relationship with this pack. It…

I have a love-hate relationship with this pack. It is really comfortable; the frame system carries 50 lb loads really well.

I have had this pack for 4 years and it’s held up really well. The only noticeable damage was when an uncovered ice screw cut the side a bit. When I have the pack stuffed completely full is where it shines.

What I don’t like is when the back is less than full, the top removable  compartment slides back off the pack. Which shifts the center of gravity uncomfortably backward. Reason is that the clips
that hold the top compartment in place are located too far up on the bag; if they were located lower it would pull everything in to place. SO to compensate I can tuck the upper compartment inside the pack or remove it entirely.

Annoying for sure, Mystery Ranch makes some really great packs, this one fell short on the design table I guess. But I got it $49 at MR parking lot sale so at lest the price was right

Mystery Ranch 12-Bar

The 12-Bar has been discontinued.

The Mystery Ranch 12-Bar is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 20, 2007 at US Outdoor Store.