Mystery Ranch G5000

The main reason I got this bag was because I have…

Design: top load internal
Size: 5000-5500 ci
Number of Pockets: 6
Max. Load Carried: 80 lb (seen it with a person in the back 140lbs)
Height of Owner: 5'9"

The main reason I got this bag was because I have a VERY bad back and this bag offers a comfortable, well balanced fit. I tried TNF, Sierra Designs, Kelty, Arc'teryx, and Gregory backpacks. They all put pressure on my back. I got it directly from from the Bozeman Store (the guy owned Dana Design for years).

It is CamelBak adaptable and the top comes of as a daypack. The stitching is strong and durable (I happen to be a seamstress) and the adjustment for torso size is easy to do (adjustment tool comes with). Once adjusted it locks into place! The lifetime guarantee helps swallowing the price a bit.

I've taken this bag with me on several overnight adventures and my back has yet to complain. It is pretty hard to not balance this bag with its design. Our next trek is going to be in Hawaii this summer and I am definitely taking my bag with me.

This is not the pack for gram counting weenies. The…

Design: top loader internal
Size: 5000 cubics
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 65lbs
Height of Owner: 75 ins.

This is not the pack for gram counting weenies. The slogan "tools, not toys!" says it all. If you need a pack to go to remote areas and not worry about your load carrying, then look no further. This pack is made in America and it shows! Put your sleeping bag in a Sea to Summit sil-nylon compression sack and your spare clothes, tent, and food in 3 more sil-nylon sacks, arrange everything inside the pack in 2 vertical columns with the food bag across the top inside, crank down on all the load control straps, and you are good to go!

Visit Mystery Ranch's G5000 page.

Works / Mystery Ranch G 5000 - WomensColor Shown:RedThis is the worlds most comfortable pack.The G 5000 is the perfect all-around backpack, great for three seasons and up to five-day trips. Moderately heavy loads are this packs forte. We recommend for to folks who need a bag that can do it all. The G 5000 is a hybrid of sorts. The volume of this pack limits how much one can feasibly load in it, so we shaved weight off the pack by using the Futura X Frame with the Lumbar Wrap. This makes this pack a good deal lighter than its siblings the G 6000 and G 7000 which employ the full Outamatic X Frame with the Lumbar Wrap. It gives you a bit more flexibility as well because the Futura harness is less stiff and restrictive than the Outamatic. The size of this pack has the best proportions for carrying a load comfortably. The main bag is 15 wide by 7.5 thick. When you load your gear as two vertical columns the 2:1 proportion keeps the load as close to your center of gravity as possible. Loads less than fifty pounds are spread so evenly over your hips and back you will find yourself forgetting theyre even there. The G 5000 has Big Honkn water bottle pockets and hydration systems in both the lid and body of the pack. The BiValve lid contours to form a great Hipsac, has ports for that lid hydration, and sports an amazingly good lash point. Twin back pockets give you convenient access to your trailside necessities and are long enough to fit most tent poles. Speedzip sleeping bag compartment opens wide to swallow the largest bag, and has internal compression so you dont have to fight it closed. A retractable bottom and compression straps compatible across the back lets you vary the pack to carry any size or shape of load. Get a G 5000 if you need a pack that does it all. Features:Volume: 5400 cu.in.Weight: 6 lbs. 10 ozWomens specific harness

- US Outdoor Store

Mystery Ranch G5000

The Mystery Ranch G5000 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 4, 2006 at US Outdoor Store.

If you're looking for a new expedition pack (4,500+ cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.