Nalgene 32 oz. Winter Insulated Bottle Carrier

I love them. First of all, I only store cold water…

Summary

I love them. First of all, I only store cold water inside Nalgene bottles, even if mine are BPA free. In summer season, I fill the bottles half way through and place em in freeze for two consecutive days at least. The harder the ice forms, the longer it gets.

The morning of my planned trek, I take the half way frozen bottles and fill up the rest, then place em in these insulated carriers. They are in my pack whole day under the searing sun. I occasionally take the bottles to sip the ice cold water, then again place em in the carriers. Believe me, the ice runs out only towards to the end of the day and the water is still amazingly cold after arriving home at night.

When Nalgene first issued these carriers, I got two of them, they were (are still) rock solid, very well manufactured. After some time, I reordered two more. What I got in the second party was way worse than their predecessors. Although they looked the same, their insulating panels were much lighter. Their performance even cannot compare to the first sturdier ones. That's why I gave em four star instead of five.

In terms of hot liquid storage; using these carriers, Nalgene bottles cannot be converted to a vacuum or thermal flask; forget it, get an appropriate double walled aluminum bottle or something.

Stylish insulated water carrier for 32 oz. Nalgene bottles. Zips closed for complete bottle protection. Slows down freezing in winter and keeps cool in the summer.

- Vargo Outdoors

Nalgene 32 oz. Winter Insulated Bottle Carrier

The 32 oz. Winter Insulated Bottle Carrier has been discontinued.

The Nalgene 32 oz. Winter Insulated Bottle Carrier is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 2, 2011 at Vargo Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new hydration accessory, check out the best reviewed current models.