Nalgene TPE Big Bore Tanker

I bought this new old stock bladder recently in original…

Pros

• Holds water and the bite valve is perfect design
  • Magnetic clip on bite valve is brilliant

Cons

• Aftertaste to water

I bought this new old stock bladder recently in original retail packaging. The best bite valve on the market, doesn't leak, very high quality, leaves sour aftertaste to water. I used purified water only not tap water. My stock original Camelbak bladder it replaced did not leave an aftertaste with same water.

I have used it for about a month and have had multiple loads of water in it. I mountain bike often with this item. I'm hoping taste issue subsides because this bladder is better in every other aspect compared to my old one.

I am a fan. Works very simply and is quite stable…

I am a fan. Works very simply and is quite stable and durable. I had heard all of the bad things about other Nalgene hydration packs, but never these TPE models. They are made out of a sleeve of material which means that seams are only created on the top and bottom, not the sides as well, eliminating at least 50% of the surface area that is most likely to fail.

Some taste remains, you'll have this with hydration packs.

There is something truly wonderful about the TPE material…

There is something truly wonderful about the TPE material in this reservoir - we have had many hydration products, but nothing comes close to this - somehow it moves and flexes with you in a completely organic way. There is no taste or odor with any beverage, even when warm, and even though it is soft, perfectly quiet and flexible, you can't seem to hurt it!! What IS this stuff?? Whatever it is, it's perfect for this product. Well done!

If you've owned or used a Nalgene TPE Big Bore Tanker, please share your experience.

Nalgene TPE Big Bore Tanker

The TPE Big Bore Tanker has been discontinued.

The Nalgene TPE Big Bore Tanker is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 3, 2008 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new hydration reservoir, check out the best reviewed current models.