Native Apex

I bought Native Apex sunglasses at a large discount…

Summary

I bought Native Apex sunglasses at a large discount online (around Xmas time 2014). Upon their arrival, my gf said if I ever wore them around her in public she would pretend she didn't know me. After a day or two spent trying to defend the glasses, I have to agree — they are hideous looking; the cut is... just... silly looking.

Pros

• Polarized lenses
  • Comfortable frame

Cons

• UGLY!!!
  • Oversized
  • Gaps in lenses
  • UGLY!!!

I bought Native Apex sunglasses at a large discount online (around Xmas time 2014). Upon their arrival, my gf said if I ever wore them around her in public she would pretend she didn't know me. I light-heartedly scoffed and reached out to friends and neighbors for further feedback. All agreed something was wrong with the cut of these glasses.

The lenses let light in through the bottom, but overall they are nice, the frame causes no discomfort. I'd say I have an average size face and these glasses look huge on me, which confuses me because I read that Apex's are recommended for smaller faces? I'd disagree. Maybe I got a batch they tried to make bigger and in-turn made me look like a freak the couple times I wore them.

I had to share this not only because I wasted my $ and needed to vent, but also because I read a lot of good reviews that led to my purchase. I'm not saying not to buy these, but hopefully this review will cause you to think twice before purchasing online (go try them on first!). No more Natives for me.

Apex.jpg

Can you post a picture of these ugly sunglasses? I'd like to see how bad it is!

1 year ago

Thanks for the review and picture, crjdirt. They do look on the large side.

1 year ago

Native Apex

The Native Apex is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 24, 2016 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new sport sunglass, check out the best reviewed current models.