Purchased a pair of Native Bombers online without…
Price Paid: $60
Purchased a pair of Native Bombers online without ever trying them on. I have a large head and found them to fit well. I purchased a pair with Native's "Reflex" lenses. These are meant to be impact resistant.
Having worn them for a year in a variety of conditions, a few pros and cons:
- Full coverage — the size of the frames, lenses, and temples provide adequate coverage in all the conditions I used them in. They do very well at preventing air-flow to your eyes during bike rides.
- Rubber nose pieces — Held the glasses in place even on my sweatiest runs. Haven't developed a smell or lost effectiveness
- "Reflex" lenses — These have taken many small impacts and one large tree limb. There are zero notable scratches to the lenses, which is a very pleasant surprise. Clarity of the lenses is exceptional and they have very smooth polarization
- After a year and a tree-branch, I managed to snap the frames. They broke near a ventilation hole and where the lenses insert into the bottom of the frame. If there was a weak point in the construction this would be it. Considering the force of the impact and Native's $30 replacement warranty, I can't totally fault the company. But, it is still an obvious weak-point and not surprising that it failed there (minus .5 stars).
- The frames are a little large for my liking. This is entirely a style-related objection. I'm not deducting any stars for this. I'm just probably a bit out-of-date on my style.
Overall, these are excellent glasses for all outdoor activities. They stay put. Keep your vision clear. Provide excellent protection from large limbs.
I'll be buying from Native again (if I ever run out of the lifetime warranty).
Where to Buy
Here's what other sites are saying:
With aggressive styling and large lenses, the Native Eyewear Bomber Reflex Polarized Sunglasses let you see the trail with ease as you take on your mission in any condition.
Native Eyewear Polarized Bomber SunglassesThe Native Eyewear Polarized Bomber Sunglasses are great sunglasses to take with you outside, no matter what the conditions are. It features polarized crystal carbonate (P.C.C.) lenses that are tough and are rigorously tested with high impact resistant and 100% UV resistant. Its Rhyno-Tuff AIR frame is rigid and can cope with all the extreme conditions you may face. It's vented through a system designed into the frames, to give you enhanced airflow, fog and condensation-free vision. A 4-point Anti-Ocular Intrusion System protects your eyes from high-velocity impacts, useful during emergencies. It is held securely to your face through Self-adjusting Cushinol nosepads, ear stems and cam-action spring hinges to keep you ready for the action. They are also easy to carry around on your trips in their soft, plush case. The sunglasses for the rugged explorer, Native Eyewear Polarized Bomber Sunglasses are a great buy.
Free Shipping. Native Bomber Sunglasses FEATURES of the Native Bomber Sunglasses Double Snap-Back Interchangeable Lens System Rhyno-Tuff Air Frames Venting System: Exhaust vents are incorporated into the design framework to enhance airflow, and virtually eliminate fog and condensation, while strategically placed hybrid vents and side vents (available on select models) keep frames snugger on your face without compromising fit. This unique design feature is the only system available that allows maximum ventilation while blocking extraneous incoming light. Cushinol: Cushinol nose pads ensure a soft feel and custom fit, regardless of nose shape or size, and Cushinol temple boots create a non-slip grip to keep sunglasses in place during athletic activity Cam-Action Hinges: This patented feature allows the temple to quickly lock into position Mastoid Temple Grip: This proprietary design feature ensures the temple ends hug the mastoid bone (behind your ears), allowing for a secure and comfortable fit Anti-Ocular Intrusion System: This revolutionary system is designed to prevent your lenses from dangerously shooting toward your eyes in the event of an impact Soft Case Included Fit Profile: Large
With a bold look and comfortable fit, Bomber sunglasses from Native Eyewear beat the sun's UV rays and nasty glare.
These superlightweight sunglasses are built for active sports performance. Gray lenses are polarized to cut glare and have a visual light transmittance of 12%. A unique reinforced, full-frame design helps prevent lenses from popping out toward your face in case of an impact a good choice for high-speed sports. Feature the Double Snap-Back interchangeable lens system so you can quickly adapt to changing light conditions spare lenses available from Native. Best for large to extra-large faces. Imported. Fit: Large