Price Paid: $60
Purchased a pair of Native Bombers online without ever trying them on. I have a large head and found them to fit well. I purchased a pair with Native's "Reflex" lenses. These are meant to be impact resistant.
Having worn them for a year in a variety of conditions, a few pros and cons:
- Full coverage — the size of the frames, lenses, and temples provide adequate coverage in all the conditions I used them in. They do very well at preventing air-flow to your eyes during bike rides.
- Rubber nose pieces — Held the glasses in place even on my sweatiest runs. Haven't developed a smell or lost effectiveness
- "Reflex" lenses — These have taken many small impacts and one large tree limb. There are zero notable scratches to the lenses, which is a very pleasant surprise. Clarity of the lenses is exceptional and they have very smooth polarization
- After a year and a tree-branch, I managed to snap the frames. They broke near a ventilation hole and where the lenses insert into the bottom of the frame. If there was a weak point in the construction this would be it. Considering the force of the impact and Native's $30 replacement warranty, I can't totally fault the company. But, it is still an obvious weak-point and not surprising that it failed there (minus .5 stars).
- The frames are a little large for my liking. This is entirely a style-related objection. I'm not deducting any stars for this. I'm just probably a bit out-of-date on my style.
Overall, these are excellent glasses for all outdoor activities. They stay put. Keep your vision clear. Provide excellent protection from large limbs.
I'll be buying from Native again (if I ever run out of the lifetime warranty).
Where to Buy
Here's what other sites are saying:
With a bold look and comfortable fit, Bomber sunglasses from Native Eyewear beat the sun's UV rays and nasty glare.
Giving you a Wide-Berth of Coverage, the Native Eyewear Bomber Polarized Sunglasses provide Sun-and-Glare Protection from Sand, Snow, Asphalt and Water. The Bomber Sunglasses have N3 Polarized Polycarbonate Lenses, the most Innovative and Advanced Polarized Lens on the market. The Bomber N3 Lenses pass Z87 1 Testing and feature up to 40% IR Reduction, UV Protection up to 400nm, and State-of-the-Art Blue Light Filtering. The Polarized Crystal P C C Lenses are Optical-Quality, Impact-Resistant Lenses that Block 100% of the Harmful UV Light and Eliminate-Glare for Sharp, Clear Vision with Increased-Contrast and Depth Perception. The Sunglasses Lens Eliminate Glare from Water, Sand, Pavement, Ice and Snow. P C C Lenses provide Outstanding Vision and Protection in any Lighting Condition. The Bomber Sunglasses are equipped with Mastoid Temple Grips. This Proprietary-Design feature ensures the Temple-Ends Hug the Mastoid Bone (behind your ears), allowing for a Secure-and-Comfortable Fit. The Anti-Ocular Intrusion System is a Revolutionary-System designed to prevent your Lenses from Dangerously-Shooting toward your Eyes in the event of an Impact. The Rhyno-Tuff Air Frames are a Proprietary High-Performance Thermoplastic Material that is Extremely-Lightweight, yet Durable enough to withstand High-Velocity Collisions and Temperature Extremes. The Bomber Sunglasses have Cushionol Nose Pads. The Nose Pad Material ensures a Soft-Feel and Custom-Fit, regardless of your Nose's Shape-or-Size. Cushionol Temple Boots creates a Nonslip-Grip that keeps your Sunglasses-in-Place during Athletic Activity. Patented Cam-Action Hinges allows the Temples to Quickly-Lock into Position, getting you Ready-for-Action. The Bomber Sunglasses also have Venting Incorporated into the Frame-Design that Enhances-Airflow to Eliminate Fog-and-Condensation. The Sunglasses are the best fit for a Large Profiles and come in 2-Different Colored Lenses. Gray Lenses are suitable for Extremely Bright Sunlight and the Brown Lenses for Moderate to Bright Sunlight. Both color Lenses have 12% VLT (Visible Light Transmittance): the lower the number, the darker the lens. Sunglasses weigh 0.6 oz (17 g) and include a Soft Protective Case. Sunglasses are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Giving you a wide berth of coverage, the Native Eyewear Bomber Polararized sunglasses provide sun and glare protection from sand, snow, apshalt and water. Polarized lenses reduce 99% of visible glare from water, snow, sand and pavement for increased visual acuity and decreased eye strain. Polarized Crystal Carbonate(R) (P.C.C.) lenses have the strongest hard coating available to protect against scratching. P.C.C. lenses pass the rigorous ANSI Z80.3 tests for optical clarity and impact resistance while blocking 100% of harmful UVA and UVB light. Rhyno-Tuff(R) AIR frames endure extreme highs and lows in temperature. Anti-Ocular Intrusion System(R), a 4-point configuration, helps prevent lenses from shooting into your face in the event of high-velocity impact. Venting system incorporated into the frames enhances airflow and virtually eliminates fog and condensation. Self-adjusting Cushinol(TM) nosepads and ear stems create a nonslip grip that keeps sunglasses in place, ensuring a soft feel and personalized fit. Cam-action spring hinges allow the temples to quickly lock into position. Sized to fit large to extra-large faces. Wood frames feature polarized brown lenses that are ideal for moderate to bright sunlight. Iron frames feature polarized gray lenses that are ideal for extremely bright sunlight.
Free Shipping. Native Bomber Sunglasses FEATURES of the Native Bomber Sunglasses Double Snap-Back Interchangeable Lens System Rhyno-Tuff Air Frames Venting Cushinol Cam-Action Hinges Mastoid Temple Grip Anti-Ocular Intrusion System Soft Case Included Fit Profile: Large