New Balance 650

Having worn boots for years and feet beginning to…

Price Paid: 40 dollars maybe

Summary

Having worn boots for years and feet beginning to ache, I switched to these trail shoes and aches went away. Sure my feet still feel tired after miles and miles, but the strange muscle/joint ache in my feet is a thing of the past.

Pros

• Rough and long wearing
  • Lightweight compared to boots
  • Relatively inexpensive

Cons

• I guess they are so low fitting that waterproof is out of the question

The weight of boots, even lightweight, is gone, and I don't believe boots offer much of the much touted ankle support anyway. I've been wearing them for years now. They get soaked I rinse them off well and dry them in the sun and put them back on.

Wish I had switched to them sooner: the New Balance trail shoes for men MO650.

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing your first review with us, Bob. I'm glad to hear these New Balances worked out for you and relieved you of aches. About how many miles do you think you have on your pair of trail shoes?

bobcrowley

conservatively 10 miles a week x 52 x 3 years = 1500 miles and no appreciable wear, shoe laces have held up too, and many rinses and drying out on the deck in the sun, although, they are a bit stodgy looking, more servicable looking, no lady is going to look at my feet and begin to wonder more exotically about me !!!

That's a good number of miles on your trail runners, Bob!

New Balance 650

$64.99 (men's)

The New Balance 650 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 9, 2013 at Campmor.