New Balance 977

I've had these shoes for three years now. I've hiked…

I've had these shoes for three years now. I've hiked in the desert, Adirondacks, walked through cities, and three Buffalo winters.

I have to say these are great three-season boots that give me moderate ankle support and decent traction and pristine waterproofing. Even as my soles are coming off, the lining inside prevents water from getting at my socks 100%. Winters get extremely cold though as the leather soaks and prevents your feet from heating.

Buy these for the spring, summer and fall and they should last you much longer than mine have. Good luck

I have owned two pairs of New Balance 977. I wear…

Materials: leather, gore-tex
Use: dayhikes w/ daypack, gravel sand, dirt trails, everyday
Break-in Period: month

I have owned two pairs of New Balance 977. I wear them every day. I walk, hike, camp, go fishing, wear them in the snow with the kids. I do everything in these boots.

I have a very wide foot "4E" so finding these is a huge God send. New Balance pretty much is the one manufacturer I have found who makes shoes and boots that "go figure" fit your feet. These boot are indestructible. I'm a big guy and I put these boots through some pain. They have never leaked or torn.

The one thing I notice is I usually wear down the outside first. When its time to get a new pair it's pretty evident because the footbed leans to the outside. This is probably more because of me than anything else. That's a shame because the boot is always fine with nothing ever wrong.

I do prefer the original internal lining over the current lining. Even though the model number is the same. The internal boot lining changed and it took longer to break in than the new one. Which I found odd because I did not notice an improvement in the waterproofing, it seemed just as good, just stiff.

I would recommend these boots for anyone who wants a low cut hiker the tread is good on most paths except for really wet or icy surfaces. My feet never hurt and are always nice and warm. Even in the summer they are not to hot. A great all around performer from New Balance.

The MW977GT Country Walker is a versatile GORE-TEX lined shoe that utilizes proven New Balance technologies to achieve support, superior cushion, guaranteed waterproof protection, and a clean style in a lightweight package.Waterproof leather upper is durable, breathable and provides a first line of defense against the elements.GORE-TEX Performance Comfort Footwear lining offers waterproof protection and durability.Rollbar with medial and lateral TPU posts for ultimate motion control.Rock Stop embedded into forefoot provides protection from sharp rocks and debris.C-CAP midsole provides extra cushioning and support.ABZORB cushioning in both heel and forefoot for exceptional shock absorption.Solid rubber outsole provides long-wearing durability. Weight: 1 lb. 2 oz. (pair).

- Campmor refers to the men's version

A rugged, mid-cut Country Walker featurning Gore-Tex.

- Ramsey Outdoor refers to the men's version

New Balance 977

The 977 has been discontinued.

The New Balance 977 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 2, 2012 at Campmor.