New Balance MT20 Minimus

I really like these shoes! Light and grippy. I bought…

Summary

I really like these shoes! Light and grippy.

Pros

• Light
  • Minimal

Cons

• Soles are coming apart
  • Black gets hot in the sun
  • Price

I bought these for the gym and to carry in my backpack to wear in basecamp. And after a year of use, I am still happy with my purchase. They work great as bouldering shoes around camp too!

The fit is great! Wraps my foot like a glove.

For such a minimal shoe, they're quite comfortable... even on a rocky Sierra trail.

They don't have much support, so you better have strong kankles.

They're not water resistant, however, they dry crazy fast! Especially if you're wearing some good socks, like Wrightsocks Coolmesh II.

The traction on these shoes are quite well. Even on wet granite.

I will get another pair of these once these have worn out. They take up very little space in my backpack and seem to hold up well to my abuse.

Visit New Balance's MT20 Minimus page.

CLOSEOUTS . New Balance's Minimus WT20 minimalist trail running shoes are engineered to position the foot in a neutral stance to promote a mid-foot strike, enabling a more natural gait for both neutral and pronating runners. Additionally, this ultralight and highly breathable pair is constructed with a minimal Vibramand#174; outsole and a heel-to-toe-drop 4mm to help simulate barefoot running. Available Colors: ORANGE, RED/BLACK, GREY/LIME GREEN/BLACK, RED/BLUE/YELLOW. Sizes: 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5, 13, 14, 7, 6, 6.5.

- Sierra Trading Post

The New Balance MT20 Minimus Trail Running Shoe brings you the benefits of barefoot running without exposing your feet to sharp rocks, glass, or deer raisins. New Balance used its NL-1 last with minimal heel and toe drop and a broad forefoot to promote natural forefoot splay for runners with midfoot-striking gaits.

Inspired by the original 10 series, the MT20 from New Balance is an innovative minimal shoe that delivers the benefits of barefoot with the protection of a traditional trainer.

- EMS